2. Beckham, G, 2B

3. Jones, A, RF

4. Konerko, P, 1B

5. Pierzynski, A, C

6. Quentin, C, DH

7. Rios, A, CF

8. Teahen, M, 3B

9. Ramirez, A, SS

Question. Why the hell is AJ in the 5 spot with how HORRIBLE he has looked at the plate thus far this year?!?!!??!?! Oh, I forgot, the LRLR is so important :-P

I really wish Ozzie used the same lineup as yesterday, with AJ batting 9th where Lucy was and Teahen batting wherever Nix was.

All the other players should've been betting in the same spots after a win. I really think they need to get a feel for their "roles" in the batting order, similar to how bullpen pitchers has to adjust to their roles in the bullpen. I think it does more harm than good when Ozzie constantly shuffles the lineup after every game, even a win, sheesh!

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
Question. Why the hell is AJ in the 5 spot with how HORRIBLE he has looked at the plate thus far this year?!?!!??!?! Oh, I forgot, the LRLR is so important :-P

Gotta agree, this is getting completely ridiculous. Even when AJ's right he isn't a great 5-hole hitter. The way he's swinging right now it's even worse.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Gotta agree, this is getting completely ridiculous. Even when AJ's right he isn't a great 5-hole hitter. The way he's swinging right now it's even worse.

teahen and rios should be higher, cq and alexei lower

I'm glad Quentin is DHing tonight. I went yesterday and sat in left behind Andruw. He was visibly upset and swearing when Quentin didn't make the catch on the single to lead off the 7th. It turned out that Lopez wouldn't have had a chance to bat (and hit a grand slam) if Quentin makes that catch. Jones in right for the rest of the season. If you want Quentin to play the field, he can still play left.

Edited by PeavyTime

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:12 PM)
I'm glad Quentin is DHing tonight. I went yesterday and sat in left behind Andruw. He was visibly upset and swearing when Quentin didn't make the catch on the single to lead off the 7th. It turned out that Lopez wouldn't have had a chance to bat (and hit a grand slam) if Quentin makes that catch. Jones in right for the rest of the season. If you want Quentin to play the field, he can still play left.

You make a good point.

Now having seen Q in both left and right... if he's going to play the field, they should definitely play him where he'll do the least damage... which suggests moving him back to left.

If both Jones and Quentin are playing corners during a game, there is absolutely no good reason to play Quentin at the more challenging defensive position.

If I were managing, I'd install Jones as my regular right fielder... and have Quentin DH and occasionally play LF.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
You make a good point.

Now having seen Q in both left and right... if he's going to play the field, they should definitely play him where he'll do the least damage... which suggests moving him back to left.

If both Jones and Quentin are playing corners during a game, there is absolutely no good reason to play Quentin at the more challenging defensive position.

If I were managing, I'd install Jones as my regular right fielder... and have Quentin DH and occasionally play LF.

I think most people would do this, but unfortunately for us Sox fans, Ozzie isn't most people.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
You make a good point.

Q is a natural rightfielder. I don't know what you remember, but he wasn't particularly good in rightfield. On an individual level, Q definitely belongs in right.

But I still do believe the right move would be Pierre/Rios/Jones across. That's a pretty elite defensive outfield right there. Or switch Jones and Rios for those who believe Jones is still an elite CF (which many people do).

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Q is a natural rightfielder. I don't know what you remember, but he wasn't particularly good in rightfield. On an individual level, Q definitely belongs in right.

But I still do believe the right move would be Pierre/Rios/Jones across. That's a pretty elite defensive outfield right there. Or switch Jones and Rios for those who believe Jones is still an elite CF (which many people do).

Quentin looks very Dye'ish in RF for a natural right fielder. Just saying.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
Quentin looks very Dye'ish in RF for a natural right fielder. Just saying.

He doesn't look as fluid out there like he did in Arizona. I personally blame it on the shoulder surgery possibly affecting him from diving/running into walls like he used to. He's also a bit bulkier than he was then, but that could also be just me. He was very, very good when he was a prospect and in his brief stint as a D-Back.

Oh my Lady Gaga.

We're facing an "unknown" tall pitcher who barely can break glass.

That means an automatic loss normally. Unless the Freddy Garcia Facing Former Team motivational factor kicks in and he pitches he he did exactly two weeks ago against the Twins (minus the walk to Thome and bomb to Kubel, and 2-1 deficit when leaving the game).