Tom Paciorek is back...!

WSoxMatt

Wimpy and Farmio actually sounded pretty coherent, insightful and entertaining, unlike the usual broadcasts. Big Hurt sounded a tad awkward and doesn't know when to be quiet at times but I liked his spot-on-analysis of situations. Very weird but positive broadcasting indeed!

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 17, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)
Wimpy was great. His voice seems to have changed though. I guess it's a while since he was here before.

I thought the same thing about his voice, I remember it being a little more squeaky.

One thing I found weird listening to the broadcast, Wimpy was doing voiceovers for commercials. Why would they have him do voiceovers for commercials if he was subbing for one series?

QUOTE (Allsox @ May 16, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
Wimpy and Farmio actually sounded pretty coherent, insightful and entertaining, unlike the usual broadcasts. Big Hurt sounded a tad awkward and doesn't know when to be quiet at times but I liked his spot-on-analysis of situations. Very weird but positive broadcasting indeed!

The funny thing is that Frank sounds a million times better than his first TV/radio appearances. It was fun to hear him jump into the Hawks home run call, and how excited he was to do it.

When my wife heard him talking on the radio on our way home from last weeks camping trip, she says to me, oh, it's Tom Paciorek! And I was like, "who the hell is Tom Paciorek?!" She told me it was Wimpy, which is the only name I ever knew of him having. As far as I was concerned growing up, he was simply Wimpy, no last name, either.

I don't remember him sounding so...I don't know...wimpy?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 18, 2010 -> 07:41 AM)
When my wife heard him talking on the radio on our way home from last weeks camping trip, she says to me, oh, it's Tom Paciorek! And I was like, "who the hell is Tom Paciorek?!" She told me it was Wimpy, which is the only name I ever knew of him having. As far as I was concerned growing up, he was simply Wimpy, no last name, either.

I don't remember him sounding so...I don't know...wimpy?

He definitely did, you were just young and dont remember it much. Its been 10+ years since you heard him calling a sox game, you probably forgot how "squeaky" he sounded before

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:21 PM)
I'm enjoying Wimpy's call today.

I don't know if they had a bad vantage point there, but the PBP was horrible for both of them. It took forever and a bunch of dead spots to hear what actually happened on a few occasions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
I don't know if they had a bad vantage point there, but the PBP was horrible for both of them. It took forever and a bunch of dead spots to hear what actually happened on a few occasions.

Yep. Wimpy is great but he was definitely rusty. Did not seem to have a great grasp of the players and their skill sets, either. I still love him, though. To me the Sox have let the better of the two teams go over the past 10 years. I loved Rooney as PBP on radio and Wimpy as color in the TV booth. Hawk and Farmer, not so much.

I really enjoyed listening to Farmer and Wimpy together, and I listened to almost all of the games on radio.

I like Farmer and D.J. too though. I think that they should get rid of "The Hawkeroo" and put D.J back over on television doing play by play with Stoney as the color guy and leave Wimpy and Farmer together on radio.