The new game ticker and box score is awesome!

shipps

It's interesting, but the slight delay for it to "pop up" comes off annoying and it takes up too much space. I shut it off, but I'm not complaining about the dedication to making this the best site on the internet.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
It's interesting, but the slight delay for it to "pop up" comes off annoying and it takes up too much space. I shut it off, but I'm not complaining about the dedication to making this the best site on the internet.

How do you shut it off? I think it'll probably bog down mobile devices.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 16, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
It's a little messed up right now. It thinks Andruw Jones is Paul Konerko...

I think the blame for that goes for whoever has created the feed in the first place, which probably goes back to MLB at some point.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 16, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
The score board is indeed badass.

I would have one suggestion though, only have it on the home page of Soxtalk

Other thoughts? I can do that, but it might be a couple of days because I need to remember which wrap is just the home page.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 16, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
Other thoughts? I can do that, but it might be a couple of days because I need to remember which wrap is just the home page.

If you're going to have it, I'd say keep it on all pages. You kinda want it open if you're hanging out in the game thread.

Also, the only time it took extra time to load was the first time it loaded. It seems like it loads with the page now?

I actually linked through to the Sun-Times widget... but it seems like either they don't use it anymore on their site (that I could find) and/or it acutally links all the way through to something else (a feed of some sort, I forget the link and I'm too lazy to look it up).

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 16, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
Also, the only time it took extra time to load was the first time it loaded. It seems like it loads with the page now?

I actually linked through to the Sun-Times widget... but it seems like either they don't use it anymore on their site (that I could find) and/or it acutally links all the way through to something else (a feed of some sort, I forget the link and I'm too lazy to look it up).

The rest of the page still loads about 1/2 a second faster than the widget for me.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
Perhaps put it underneath the footer so it isn't so intrusive. Or have somebody design a new banner that would incorporate the look of the box score on top of it.

I sort of understand that, but if it's at the bottom, would people like that better?

QUOTE (knightni @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
It certainly drags on my computer less than BobDylan's signature gif.

You could try one of the 13,000 browser block add-on's and simply right click it and select "block." Or... ditch your Windows 95 machine and join us in the 21st century?