NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
With Boozer, we put up a much better fight in this past playoffs for sure, the team is alot better with him in the fold.

not to mention he is in the eastern conference now and doesnt have to get beat up in the West to get to the Finals i think this boozer signing is going to be big for us come playoff time

I get to see Boozer play all the time living in Utah, I enjoy his game. He always comes with an injury risk, but just like the rest of the Jazz he's usually underrated. I'm so glad that the Bulls AT LAST have a low-post threat. How long has it been that they've needed one?

Some others have pointed this out in this thread....honestly, why would Carlos Boozer's agent allow him to sign this contract TODAY unless there was another purpose?

Could he not have forced someone to give him a max contract simply by waiting until Friday?

Who the hell else were the Bulls going to sign?

QUOTE (Cowch @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
I get to see Boozer play all the time living in Utah, I enjoy his game. He always comes with an injury risk, but just like the rest of the Jazz he's usually underrated. I'm so glad that the Bulls AT LAST have a low-post threat. How long has it been that they've needed one?

Since Elton Brand got traded to the Clippers.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Some others have pointed this out in this thread....honestly, why would Carlos Boozer's agent allow him to sign this contract TODAY unless there was another purpose?

Could he not have forced someone to give him a max contract simply by waiting until Friday?

they could have went with nobody and torched the thing and tried to be a lottery team next year. The way the NBA works it is a crazy but viable option

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)

Oh I don't know.......SATAN?!

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
that's actually a pretty big piece of news because a lot of people were painting it that the Bulls were out.

ugh...i don't wanna get my hopes up again just to be shattered but slowly and surely im getting pulled into the theory of us landing him again

Late tonight LeBron will be seen dining with Jay-Z and someone will find out that LeBron bought shares of some stock that the NJ Nets owner owns or something...

Every big market is going to be lured into this nonsense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Boozer, in 44 playoff games has averaged 23.5 points and 12.5 boards.

His numbers are still good but its actually 20 and 12.5. He had a great run in the playoffs in 06-07 and since then has been extremely in the mediocre in the playoffs. He was awful in 07-08, good in 5 games against the Lakers last year, good against the Nuggets this year, and awful against the Lakers.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
ugh...i don't wanna get my hopes up again just to be shattered but slowly and surely im getting pulled into the theory of us landing him again

this was the Bulls plan if you believe Chad Ford, it was LBJ or nothing, because he reported they could have had Wade and Bosh but decided to wait on LBJ. So if they fail they did it on their terms.

B & B made a good point that Rod Thorn came out and said they were going to work on Boozer, so it was a big score to keep him from the Nets and answer the Amar'e move.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
they could have went with nobody and torched the thing and tried to be a lottery team next year. The way the NBA works it is a crazy but viable option

eh, it's only worth it in a really good draft year. 2003 was that year.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
The Bulls just blocked the Nets and Knicks and put them in the race for James. I think it's now a race between the Bulls and Cavs. I don't buy the idea of James to the Heat.

I don't take the Knicks out of it, the city and opportunities might lure him there and he might buy into Eddy Curry's expiring contract luring a big FA next season.