NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
Hire John Calipari and trade D. Rose for Chris Paul, if at all possible

Well, we have cap space, hopefully they are going all out to bring another piece in right now via trade. Bring in some contracts, f*** it, we have room.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
How many FTs a game will Miami average next year? I imagine there games will be a good 30 minutes longer than everybody elses.

I'm not sure Stern will give all these guys calls.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:03 AM)
How many FTs a game will Miami average next year? I imagine there games will be a good 30 minutes longer than everybody elses.

And how many travels will they get away with? I hate watching James and Wade play when they're in "f*** it, I'm going to the rim every play and drawing fouls" mode. I'd rather watch P. Gasol play them those guys.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
I might need to take a break from the internet for the weekend. Since I'm a Hurricanes fan, I go to a Miami forum daily and some are going nuts. Already talking about breaking the 72-10 record.

Thats tough. I think they will live in the 60's and most likely touch 70 at some point. Not sure anyone can break 72-10. They went 41-3 out of the box.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
whats people thought about working another trade with the wizards for gilbert arenas?

Absolutely not, last thing they need is someone to fight Rose for the ball and play zero defense. That's also the worst contract in the league (yes, worse than Joe Johnson).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
4? Who's the other one? Bynum is already a stretch for the top-25, I have no idea who the other one is. Artest? Odom?

Lamar Odom. Career 15, 9, and 4 guy that can defend, distribute, and score when needed.

Ridiculous. They're still maybe not better than the Lakers.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:02 AM)
I might need to take a break from the internet for the weekend. Since I'm a Hurricanes fan, I go to a Miami forum daily and some are going nuts. Already talking about breaking the 72-10 record.

I can't believe that LBJ did that to Cleveland. I literally cannot imagine how they must feel. They're going to be just awful for a while now. I hate the thought that the Heat will have three of the top players, but I could see it becoming a mess and they really don't have a bench. Where do the Bulls go from here? Do you think a well-rounded team could actually beat Miami?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
And how many travels will they get away with? I hate watching James and Wade play when they're in "f*** it, I'm going to the rim every play and drawing fouls" mode. I'd rather watch P. Gasol play them those guys.

I agree. Pau's game around the basket is awesome. Running into traffic because you can count on the ref bailing you it is boring...slows down a game that is best played fast...