Sox turned down Ponson for Crede

sox-r-us

http://www.rotoworld.com/display1.asp?spor...t=MLB&page=news

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidney Ponson - S - Baltimore Orioles Jul 30

With contract talks going nowhere, Sidney Ponson is very much available going into the trade deadline.

The Orioles want to make sure they'll get enough in return for Ponson to make it worth giving up the extra draft picks should he leave as a free agent. The White Sox reportedly turned down a deal that centered around Joe Crede. The Braves appear to be the favorites to land Ponson, but the Orioles aren't as interested in Wilson Betemit as they should be and may continue to insist on Johnny Estrada. Source: Baltimore Sun

Well it's good to see Kenny Williams did the right thing there. I had my doubts for a minute, but knew he would. You really don't need a pitcher of Sidney Ponson's quality as your fifth starter, though it would be a scary rotation. Joe Crede is the third baseman for this team for the next ten years!!

Sometimes the best trades are the ones that aren't made. I assume that someone from the Baltimore organization mentioned this to the reporter. They could be floating the idea out there of the type of player they would want to get. Good non trade in my book. I like Crede and would like to see him around for 3-4 more years.

Peter Gammons said last night that we were close to acquiring Aaron Boone. He didn't say for who, but I would imagine Crede would have been in there. He also quoted KW as to saying he was "heart broken" about having lost out in the Scott Williason sweepstakes. That would have been nice to get him.

OMG, howd Kenny say no to this one? I dont like Ponson but he would complete a darn good rotation. I hate Crede even more now than I did before. All we had to part with is a loser 3rd baseman who swings like a chick. Ponson might not have kept it up next year but hes darn good this year. Give him Borchard, or better yet, get rid of that blowhole Crede. Graffy can take his spot. Crede provides no extra offense anyways...

No.

For the millionth time, we dont need Ponson to be our 4th starter!

You act like it's wrong to be very strong at the bottom of a rotation. I think with him we'b be damn near unstoppable.

I love how Ponson pitches and wouldnt mind having him at all, its just that we would most likely have to give up too much. Its not necessary to deprive our systems top prospects just to get him. Our rotation is solid enough with Loz, Buehrle, Colon, Garland going in the playoffs.

I'd rather get more bullpen help or get a good SS prospect.

OMG, howd Kenny say no to this one? I dont like Ponson but he would complete a darn good rotation. I hate Crede even more now than I did before. All we had to part with is a loser 3rd baseman who swings like a chick. Ponson might not have kept it up next year but hes darn good this year. Give him Borchard, or better yet, get rid of that blowhole Crede. Graffy can take his spot. Crede provides no extra offense anyways...

The wind is blowing again.

Just last week you wanted no part of Ponson. But since Crede is rumored to have been part of a potential deal for SP, and you don't like Crede, now Ponson would be a good addition to a rotation of EL, MB, and BC.

And you wonder why people rip you :rolleyes:

Roman you are nuts.

You keep changing your mind when guys get hot.

Now you like Mark B.

We don't want to trade Crede...period.

He is a hot prospect.

The guy's defense alone is worth A LOT!

Get a clue sometimes Roman.