Ramirez 1/5 w/ BB, K

Beckham 1/3 w/ 2B

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
Other then Pierre at DH with TCQ in the field, and Vizquel hitting 2nd?

Didn't catch the DH part, yeah, that's a mistake. Of course, if Quentin's finally starting to pull out of his slump, maybe keeping him in the field/keeping his head out there helps. Not sure I ever believed that, but it might be an excuse.

Vizquel's hitting .344 since May 1. Yeah, limited action, but hell, he's getting hits so why not ride it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
Didn't catch the DH part, yeah, that's a mistake. Of course, if Quentin's finally starting to pull out of his slump, maybe keeping him in the field/keeping his head out there helps. Not sure I ever believed that, but it might be an excuse.

Vizquel's hitting .344 since May 1. Yeah, limited action, but hell, he's getting hits so why not ride it.

We have guys gettibng on now, but still having problems getting them in. I see Ramirez as a culprit in this regard. Situational hittingwise he sucks pretty bad

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Other then Pierre at DH with TCQ in the field, and Vizquel hitting 2nd?

Well, Pierre hasn't sat out a game since April 13th and hasn't taken a break from the field in 23 games. This is why Ozzie wanted the rotating DH; he's going to use it to keep his guys "fresh". I actually like Vizquel against feldman, Omar's been pretty hot of late hitting .344 since May 1st and Scott Feldman's 89 MPH fastball is perfect for Omar since he'll have little trouble catching up to it and he doesn't have a ton of trouble with slow curveballs like Feldman's.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
We have guys gettibng on now, but still having problems getting them in. I see Ramirez as a culprit in this regard. Situational hittingwise he sucks pretty bad

Well, as a team, the Sox are hitting .227 with RISP. That'd be pretty bad, but there is a bright spot; they're hitting .240 overall. So it's not just a situational hitting problem; it's a sucky hitting overall problem.

It would be nice if Ozzie actually put Alexei back in the 2 hole and have him stay there. Seems he is more patient up in that spot, not to mention has hit very well there last season, and spurts this season.

Shouldn't care though, other than PTC. I'll be watching the Hawks game tonight anyways.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
Well, as a team, the Sox are hitting .227 with RISP. That'd be pretty bad, but there is a bright spot; they're hitting .240 overall. So it's not just a situational hitting problem; it's a sucky hitting overall problem.

seems like it's been the case for years

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Well, Pierre hasn't sat out a game since April 13th and hasn't taken a break from the field in 23 games. This is why Ozzie wanted the rotating DH; he's going to use it to keep his guys "fresh". I actually like Vizquel against feldman, Omar's been pretty hot of late hitting .344 since May 1st and Scott Feldman's 89 MPH fastball is perfect for Omar since he'll have little trouble catching up to it and he doesn't have a ton of trouble with slow curveballs like Feldman's.

Omar hit Neftali Perez's 96 mph heat last night to deep center...that was as far as I have seen him hit a ball in a White Sox uniform. I was impressed that he could even get good wood on it.