GT: Rangers @ White Sox 6/3 7:10PM WCIU MLBN

justBLAZE

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the game tonight (bringing the dog). I assume this will be the last game I attend that I see AJ, Paulie, Jenks and maybe Buehrle wearing a White Sox uniform.....

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)
Pierre LF

Vizquel 3B

Rios CF

Konerko 1B

Jones DH

Pierzynski C

Quentin RF

Ramirez SS

Nix 2B

Garcia P

White Sox game anyone? :unsure:

I wil always watch the Sox games. Today I am out of town and have it programmed for the DVR. Go Freddie G

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
I wil always watch the Sox games. Today I am out of town and have it programmed for the DVR. Go Freddie G

So you will actually DVR today's game (which is at this point really meaningless) and then get home tomorrow after you already know the final score and still watch the entire game? Wow, I'm not afraid to say that you must be a bigger Sox fan then myself. My plan is to watch the first couple of innings, then take my daughter for a walk, watch some reality t.v. (that's right I said it) and just check my phone every twenty minutes or so to see what the score is. I signed up for the ESPN alerts which is actually very nice because I get a text every time there is a scoring play in the Sox games. With this season where it's at, that's good enough for me. I've already wasted too many hours at the ballpark and in front of my t.v. watching this sad excuse for a baseball team.

I just feel no need to watch Juan Pierre hit the ball weakly four times, or Omar Vizquel get picked off or continue to remind us in one way or another that he's 57 years old, or Andruw Jones continue his slide with another 0'fer, or A.J. go 0-4 and see a total of 5 pitches in those at bats, or Carlos Quentin sink deeper into depression with a couple of lazy fly balls to shallow right field, or Alexei make an error on a routine play, or Nix strike out three times, or Freddy giving up six runs or so through six innings. If you can't tell I'm pretty frustrated with this team. But still, Go Sox!

Edited by hawksox13

I'll probably watch the whole game tonight since there is literally nothing else on T.V. for me to tune into. I don't know if i'll get amped up to watch the sox until either we play the kids (sucky or not) or until Strasburg pitches against us.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
pins in Teahen's finger?? damn, didn't realize it was that bad. out 6 weeks.

Add Trayce Thompson getting 4 pins on his right thumb when he gets surgery (luckally he won't be out the season) to the other injuries and this is shaping up to be a terrific season for the sox organization.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
Add Trayce Thompson getting 4 pins on his right thumb when he gets surgery (luckally he won't be out the season) to the other injuries and this is shaping up to be a terrific season for the sox organization.

At least Mitchell is saying that he's ahead of schedule and looks to be back by September.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
who pitched better the last month?

Their ERA's and WHIP are nearly identical in May. 4.76/4.79 ERA, 1.52/1.49 WHIP (Garcia then Danks). D1 pitched more innings, gave up only 2 HR while Garcia gave up 5, D1 walked more and struck out more hitters.

The only difference is Garcia went 4-1 while D1 went 1-4. And I'm going to hurt you if you try to blame that on D1.

I call it a draw.

By the who pitched better in May standard, Mark Buehrle actually put up a 4.03 ERA and 1.31 WHIP in May.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
Their ERA's and WHIP are nearly identical in May. 4.76/4.79 ERA, 1.52/1.49 WHIP (Garcia then Danks). D1 pitched more innings, gave up only 2 HR while Garcia gave up 5, D1 walked more and struck out more hitters.

The only difference is Garcia went 4-1 while D1 went 1-4. And I'm going to hurt you if you try to blame that on D1.

I call it a draw.

By the who pitched better in May standard, Mark Buehrle actually put up a 4.03 ERA and 1.31 WHIP in May.

I wouldn't dare to that, given the weak run support all around. I don't think Freddy's a better pitcher, just pitching the best right now on our staff.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
I've been thinking about this all day.

Do you think Gavin is horses***? Or just in a bad spell?

Gavin Floyd is starting to remind me of Javy Vazquez... he has the stuff, but mentally he's not quite there.