The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
Do the Pirates count as a Major League team?

With the prospects they got comming up and their recent draft, they will be very soon. Hell I would say the Cubs still think they are legit. :lol: Great future though for the Pirates. They also changed their entire draft philosophy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
How awesome would it be if the Pirates just took it to him and he barely made it 2 or 3 innings? I'd enjoy that.

Is this game on national TV?

I would agree, however I have had him on my bench for fantasy all season so ide like it if stashing him there would pay off now..

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
With the prospects they got comming up and their recent draft, they will be very soon. Hell I would say the Cubs still think they are legit. :lol: Great future though for the Pirates. They also changed their entire draft philosophy.

No they won't. As soon as some of them get good, it will be time to trade them. Its a never ending cycle for them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
No they won't. As soon as some of them get good, it will be time to trade them. Its a never ending cycle for them.

I don't think so. They're not spending the money they are to get these guys only to let them walk when the time comes. I think there really has been a change over there. And it's good to see both the Pirates and Reds with powerhouse potential (at least by NL central standards). Thus making things even more difficult for the Cubs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
I don't think so. They're not spending the money they are to get these guys only to let them walk when the time comes. I think there really has been a change over there. And it's good to see both the Pirates and Reds with powerhouse potential (at least by NL central standards). Thus making things even more difficult for the Cubs.

I said this last year, but with both the Cards and Cubs looking to be possibly fading over the next 2-3 years, it's a great time for the Pirates and Reds to take a big step up. It's important that the Pirates get good value on the veterans they trade in the next year, including Maholm. E. Meek looks to be a promising reliever for them and should be their closer of the future.

Edited by fathom