The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
That could take a while. He's in line to face the Indians, White Sox, Orioles, Giants, Padres and Braves (not in that order).

Padres and Braves have been playing rather well. Regardless, after that stretch, Strasburg could have some ridiculous numbers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
That's great, you have to imagine his jerseys are flying off the shelves.

Yeah, we bought tickets to stop in D.C. on the way back from Hatteras, NC for vacation a couple months back. Awesome luck on that one.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
Well, considering the Sox are, if not, worse than the Pirates, tonight was just a mini-preview what Strasburg will do to them.

The Pirates have the 16th offense in the NL out of 16 teams.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
I'd love for him to rip the s*** out of this pile of s*** White Sox team.

How very lame. How about they light him up for 7 and make him look mortal? It would be much cooler outcome of the two scenarios.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Geez, how many of you douches are going to be cheering for him to dominate us?

Haha I told J4L a couple days ago on the futuresox board don't jizz too hard when he dominates us. The strikeouts are nice but I was more impressed he had 0 BBs! 0 BB in his major league debut. That is just amazing. I'm pissed I missed most of his start (had to take my grandmother to the train station) but I saw the first couple of innings and he hit 99 and I was like damn. I read this thread and I see he hit 101 and 103?! That is just too sick for words. Nats really brought him up nicely to the horrid offenses of the Pirates and the White Sox to really get your feet going at the MLB level.

Oh and BTW, they had a pretty nice draft this year to boot. (especially if they somehow sign A.J. Cole to pair with Strasburg as one of the sickest 1-2 punches in the game if he signs and pans out)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
Haha I told J4L a couple days ago on the futuresox board don't jizz too hard when he dominates us. The strikeouts are nice but I was more impressed he had 0 BBs! 0 BB in his major league debut. That is just amazing. I'm pissed I missed most of his start (had to take my grandmother to the train station) but I saw the first couple of innings and he hit 99 and I was like damn. I read this thread and I see he hit 101 and 103?! That is just too sick for words. Nats really brought him up nicely to the horrid offenses of the Pirates and the White Sox to really get your feet going at the MLB level.

Oh and BTW, they had a pretty nice draft this year to boot. (especially if they somehow sign A.J. Cole to pair with Strasburg as one of the sickest 1-2 punches in the game if he signs and pans out)

Don't forget that he has to face the juggernaut Indians lineup in the middle of Pirates and Sox. :lolhitting

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Geez, how many of you douches are going to be cheering for him to dominate us?

Me. What is one more loss in a terrible season when instead we can watch one of the most dominating pitchers I have ever seen in my life just feast on a pitiful lineup? Plus, it's not like I can't root for our opposing pitcher to dominate, and then we win in the 8th and 9th inning when Strasburg is removed after 90 some pitches and 15 K's.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24