The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
At what point can Strasburg start complaining about lack of run support?

I say now.

In his last 3 starts, he's gotten 1 run of support. The Nats are also batting something like .180 in his starts. (stat I saw watching MLB Network tonight.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
That would be a shame.

But not a surprise to a lot of baseball people. Could have called it before he even pitched one major league game and not even just for the sake of being the pessimist.

Its crazy how he could pitch like that all throughout HS, College, and a little bit of minor's, but a few months in the big leagues and we'd on the DL twice already?

Either it's all catching up to him at the worst time, or it's just such a super mental and stressful thing he's doing now pitching in the bigs and he blows it out... Maybe it's both

Sad either way. Maybe kids will be less and less likely to rock the inverted W (which I still think should just be called the M) as they play ball through their youth...

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
Its crazy how he could pitch like that all throughout HS, College, and a little bit of minor's, but a few months in the big leagues and we'd on the DL twice already?

Either it's all catching up to him at the worst time, or it's just such a super mental and stressful thing he's doing now pitching in the bigs and he blows it out... Maybe it's both

Sad either way. Maybe kids will be less and less likely to rock the inverted W (which I still think should just be called the M) as they play ball through their youth...

Innings pitched:

2007: 37

2008: 108 (with a couple month gap between college and fall ball)

2009: 128 (with a couple month gap between college and fall ball)

2010: 123, between AA, AAA, and a good number in the majors.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Rob Dibble is talking all kinds of s*** that Strasburg needs to man up.

Dibble says all this despite missing a whole season due to injury, only lasting 7 seasons, never starting a game, and never pitching more than 99 innings in a single season, which Strasburg has already passed.

If the Nats were in a pennant race I might think that he had a point...but hurting yourself to keep your team 19 games below .500 isn't exactly something that I'd call a sound decision for anyone.