¡Viva la Revolución!

Heads22

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
I see comments like this all the time about other players/situations so I don't mean just ot pick on you.

BUT

How is Viciedo EVER plaing at 3B acceptable?

If he sucks defensively, he sucks defensively.

"Well, Player X can't get the job done defensively at 3B so we will just platoon him out there".

I never understood this train of thought.

I think we have to play him, at least sometimes in the field because Vizquel is so old, and can't play everyday. If Teahan was healthy, he'd be there most days with Vizquel filling in for him, and Viceido would get almost all of his AB's at DH. Now, Lillibridge is still up here so maybe he becomes the guy who'll get some AB's at 3B on occasion, but when you have a 40+ in Vizquel playing more than we were planning, you have to be careful with him as well.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I am as excited as the next guy. Just don't wanna go through another G. Beckham horror.

Just to make this clear....Gordon came up last year and became a top rookie of the year candidate....it was NOT an issue of a player being rushed.

His has been an issue of a player not making the necessary adjustments to those made by the league against him.

Interesting move . Might be the first of a few made before the Al-Star break. Look for Williams to possibly exit with Threets replacing him. If Dayan shows he can hit Jones might be in jeopardy though his fielding ability alone is good enough to keep . Might be traded for some minor league talent. Since Kotsay just recently played in the OF it's a possibility. Even Iwamura might be considered or a more useful LH bat.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Wow! Totally unexpected. I seriously hope he gets alot of ABs. Could also help out with our non rotating DH idea for him as well. (also play some 3B with his cannon of an arm, though he will make mistakes too) Hudson and Viciedo?! I dunno if Huddy will even start, but the sox are gonna be really fun to watch with the young guys comming up. :)

J4L... get excited another young prospect is being called up.... this time by us!

Edited by SoxAce

i criticized Viciedo harshly in the offseason and the first month this season...to his credit he has rebounded pretty strongly...

I still think we are rushing the kid by calling him up, and his inability to draw a walk is worrisome...however I am hopeful he will continue to develop his power

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
I would rather have Nix over the elf in Lillibridge. But both of them suck so whatever. Welcome Viciedo, be an underachieving waste of money. And I hate that phrase, "Viva la Revolucion."

Nix was so worthless to this team. At least Lilli can PR. Nix can't even do that much.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
Oh man, I was thinking you were going to go ballistic...;)

Nah, I became pretty resigned to Nix’s fate as the middle infield version of Brian Anderson in the days following his slam off James Shields (also known as the pinnacle of his major league career), I like Nix, but If he has a future: it’s in the NL. I will say that if Viciedo is going to sharing at-bats with Vizquel or Kotsay, I will be very frustrated.

Ozzie is already showing confidence in him too!

"Omar (Vizquel) is playing good now," Guillen said. "We're going to give Viciedo some at-bats because that's what he comes here for. I'm going to pick the spot to see who's pitching and the matchup. And I'll wait to see. He's not playing (Friday). I don't want to have him remember the first game of his career against that kid (Stephen Strasburg). After that, we'll decide.“

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...do-dfa-nix.html

Who else can't wait to see Omar Vizquel blindly flail away at Strasburg's offering?