¡Viva la Revolución!

Heads22

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)
"Monster" as in powerful-looking, or as in way too long, like CQ?

Powerful-looking. The bat flew through the zone, it didn't look long to me at all, although they were trying to get him out away.

The worry I have remains his aggressiveness.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
He smoked the dp ball as well.

Ya he did. His first 3 AB's, the end result was a crushed ball opposite field. One of the things I really like about Dayan and why I think he has the ability to be an elite offensive player is his ability to use all fields. The one thing that might get in the way is his plate discipline though.

Personally I don't know if he's ready, but the guy has elite batspeed and massive power. He still needs to work on improving when to pull the ball vs when to hit opposite field. Sometimes he gets stuck in oppo mode and that actually hinders his power, but Dayan is a guy that a lot of guys will like if he pans out because he has the ability to use all fields and hit it out to all fields.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
Ya he did. His first 3 AB's, the end result was a crushed ball opposite field. One of the things I really like about Dayan and why I think he has the ability to be an elite offensive player is his ability to use all fields. The one thing that might get in the way is his plate discipline though.

Personally I don't know if he's ready, but the guy has elite batspeed and massive power. He still needs to work on improving when to pull the ball vs when to hit opposite field. Sometimes he gets stuck in oppo mode and that actually hinders his power, but Dayan is a guy that a lot of guys will like if he pans out because he has the ability to use all fields and hit it out to all fields.

He tended to be streaky hitting to different fields last year. Most of his hits in the first half were to right, mostly because he was seeing nothing inside. In the second half, he started pulling, and boy was it impressive.