¡Viva la Revolución!

Heads22

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
You saying you hate Nix?

Oh God, yes. Awful defender and below average hitter. Was just saying there were least valuable players than Nix. Andy Gonzalez?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
Oh God, yes. Awful defender and below average hitter. Was just saying there were least valuable players than Nix. Andy Gonzalez?

There is no doubt that Andy Gonzalez is hilariously bad. What I meant really is that Nix hardly ever played and was just a waste of a roster spot. And then when he did get the rare chance to shine, he was horrendous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)
I'm excited by this. Hopefully he gets a lot of the possible at bats.

With his bat coming around in AAA, I too am optimistic. And Vizquel can be the late inning def. replacement for Dayan if need be.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:28 AM)
That's what the Sox do.....see Beckham, Gordon.

It worked well for the sox in '09. I don't think the sox are rushing Viciedo. Even if they are a bit, he's more likely to help the sox win than Nix. And Dayan likely will only up until Teahen is back.

like Viciedo as a DH. The kid can hit!

Maybe Omar can work w him on his fielding. Right now Omar looks great in the 2 whole and defensively @ 3rd.

Nix's POOR DEFENSE and his Josh Field's type approach @ the plate (pull everything, go for HRs, too many Ks) were his undoing. That's why I thought Lilly was the better choice for a BACKUP player.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Oz - "I'm going to pick the spot to see who's pitching and the matchup. And I'll wait to see."

When Viciedo sucks, look at this quote and you'll know why. If he gets 2-3 starts per week, he is gonna be bad. I really hope he's out there everyday and then Omar plays defensive replacement in close games. If he is called up, there is no reason he shouldn't be starting most days.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Viciedo's D at 3rd makes Teahen look like Brooks Robinson.

This is why changes need to be made in this organization. The ability to catch a baseball isn't even a priority in this organization.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
This is why changes need to be made in this organization. The ability to catch a baseball isn't even a priority in this organization.

Hopefully, he plays primarily at DH, and only some at 3B. I would hope that Vizquel would get 4 to 5 games a week right now at 3B, Viceido the rest so that they don't run Vizquel into the ground.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
Hopefully, he plays primarily at DH, and only some at 3B. I would hope that Vizquel would get 4 to 5 games a week right now at 3B, Viceido the rest so that they don't run Vizquel into the ground.

I see comments like this all the time about other players/situations so I don't mean just ot pick on you.

BUT

How is Viciedo EVER plaing at 3B acceptable?

If he sucks defensively, he sucks defensively.

"Well, Player X can't get the job done defensively at 3B so we will just platoon him out there".

I never understood this train of thought.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
I see comments like this all the time about other players/situations so I don't mean just ot pick on you.

BUT

How is Viciedo EVER plaing at 3B acceptable?

If he sucks defensively, he sucks defensively.

"Well, Player X can't get the job done defensively at 3B so we will just platoon him out there".

I never understood this train of thought.

I don't see why he shouldn't be the full time DH from now on, but clearly we know that's not going to happen..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
This is awesome news

Now we just need to get Flowers up here and ill be pumped for the rest of this season..

You're WAY more excited about this than myself. I'd rather see Viceido get AB's over Kotsay, but I'm not optimistic that we're going to much from him, esepcially this early in his career.

I do like that he's now up here. I'm one of those people who think the season is over, and it's important to get Viceido/Flowers time in the majors to get their feet wet.