¡Viva la Revolución!

Heads22

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Nix is taking it in stride:

"Anytime you got the numbers I got and playing the way I am, (being designated for assignment) is possible,'' said Nix, who joined the Sox before the 2009 season.

The Sox have 10 days to trade or release Nix, who could be placed on waivers during the 10-day period.

"I enjoyed my time here," Nix said. "I enjoyed playing for Ozzie, and being here has been a good thing for me. If I do clear (waivers), I think that (going to Triple-A Charlotte) would be my first choice, but we'll see." http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...do-dfa-nix.html

i criticized Viciedo harshly in the offseason and the first month this season...to his credit he has rebounded pretty strongly...

I still think we are rushing the kid by calling him up, and his inability to draw a walk is worrisome...however I am hopeful he will continue to develop his power

Don´t worry DAA, Walker will fix him. :lolhitting :lolhitting

That's what the Sox do.....see Beckham, Gordon.

Gordon Beckham could have easily won rookie of the year last year. He smashed hit after hit, many in the gaps.

He was not rushed.

I think many of us are wondering the same thing ... will Viciedo play enough to warrant picking up in fantasy?

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
Welcome Viciedo, be an underachieving waste of money. And I hate that phrase, "Viva la Revolucion."

Way to be depressing. The dude just got the highlight of his professional career (being called up to the bigs) and you're calling him an underachieving waste of money. Must be nice to live thinking that way. I, for one, love the title. I hope this becomes a thread that lives in infamy because of Dayan's future success. :)

I think Dayan will do well, but not quite yet. I expect an average below .250, a few bombs, no walks at all. Hopefully he can keep his OPS above .700 as a rookie and improve next year. I believe in his talent, but I doubt his readiness.

Sox will try to get something out of Viciedo for as long as his bat stays hot. If he continues to kick ass, in theory he could stay after Teahen comes back but I can't see where there's room for him. His inability to walk does frighten me. He's like A.J. Uribe. Presumably he gets most of the starts at third for now, maybe a few at DH.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:10 AM)
Way to be depressing. The dude just got the highlight of his professional career (being called up to the bigs) and you're calling him an underachieving waste of money. Must be nice to live thinking that way. I, for one, love the title. I hope this becomes a thread that lives in infamy because of Dayan's future success. :)

I think Dayan will do well, but not quite yet. I expect an average below .250, a few bombs, no walks at all. Hopefully he can keep his OPS above .700 as a rookie and improve next year. I believe in his talent, but I doubt his readiness.

He is not the "revolution" that will save this team, but he might be a pleasant surprise at 1B/DH. You can't really put him at 3B, he's had some rough times over there (15 errors in AA as a 3B). I have no faith in the White Sox farm system. As far as I'm concerned, it isn't up to par with other teams in the league, and I will be surprised if he does something extraordinary.

Welcome to the bigs Dayan Viciedo, your table is ready. (Don't follow your counterparts and be told to swing, swing, swing.) White Sox baseball, deal with it. Just kidding, if this kid can bring some pop with his bat then I'm all for him, and I'll awaken again once someone else is DFA'd.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:36 AM)
He is not the "revolution" that will save this team, but he might be a pleasant surprise at 1B/DH. You can't really put him at 3B, he's had some rough times over there (15 errors in AA as a 3B). I have no faith in the White Sox farm system. As far as I'm concerned, it isn't up to par with other teams in the league, and I will be surprised if he does something extraordinary.

Welcome to the bigs Dayan Viciedo, your table is ready. (Don't follow your counterparts and be told to swing, swing, swing.) White Sox baseball, deal with it. Just kidding, if this kid can bring some pop with his bat then I'm all for him, and I'll awaken again once someone else is DFA'd.

From what I read this morning, he's going to be seeing time at 3B.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 07:38 AM)
This should end the Jones or Kotsay experiments when Teahen comes back.

If he can hit .200 he is doing better than those two...

One would hope...but remember who the manager is.

The more I think about this, the more it looks like this is Kenny using one of our top 10 prospects to piss off Ozzie Guillen. Guillen's not going to play Dayan much, and you know what? He's got the team winning with good defense at third so I wouldn't expect him to... the only spot Viciedo should play is DH.

They paid Viciedo good money and it would be kind of wasted don't you think if he stayed at the minors level. I am sure he can play 3Ba bit, sub at 1B and DH. He was called up for his bat. Nix just wasn't doing it but thanks to him for his efforts. Maybe he will stay in the Sox system if no one claims him.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 03:57 AM)
Another 20-21 year old kid comming up joing Heyward, Stanton, etc.. (though not the same caliber as a prospect, but still a very impressive looking young prospect Viciedo is)

Alexei should be happy too. :)

I think it will be good for both Alexei and Dayan.

Interesting move considering his plate discipline has been pretty bad (52/8 K/BB ratio IIRC) for Charlotte this season.

Hopefully though he'll get quite a few AB's at 3B/1B/DH/OF for the rest of the season to get him used to major league pitching as soon as possible.

Jones and Kotsay should both be very much expendable from here on out.

He's got tremendous bat speed and ability. Certainly he's producing and making strides down in the minors and I'm excited to see what he can do. Hopefully we communicated our expectations to him well and will give him at bats. They better not have called him up here to sit. He needs at least 5 starts per 7 games.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)
He is. And you thought Teahan's defense was bad...

Its funny how everyone keeps remarking about his defense when I doubt anyone who has posted in this thread has seen it, from what I remember his range and whatnot is fine there based off Cubano and I think the poster in Birmingham said, just a lot of silly errors... I bet he is clearly a downgrade from Vizquel and even Nix but at least on par with Teahen.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
Its funny how everyone keeps remarking about his defense when I doubt anyone who has posted in this thread has seen it, from what I remember his range and whatnot is fine there based off Cubano and I think the poster in Birmingham said, just a lot of silly errors... I bet he is clearly a downgrade from Vizquel and even Nix but at least on par with Teahen.

Believe me he is not on par with Teahen.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
Believe me he is not on par with Teahen.

Believe you? Not calling you a liar or anything but how much have you seen him play? Do you get the Birmingham video feed? I saw he had 30 errors which is alot obviously last season but what kind of errors were they? Throwing errors? Fielding the ball errors? How is his range? How is his arm? Does he have the ability to improve? Alot of guys coming up through the minors playing on less than ideal playing conditions put up alot of errors as well. I'd love to see him play there first before we start dubbing him as being worst than Teahen.

And Joe Crede had 30+ errors multiple times down in the minors and ended up improving over time. Not saying he will be the next Crede but give the guy some time.

Edited by dmbjeff