¡Viva la Revolución!

Heads22

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
No he isn't.

And he needs to play both righties and lefties, the kid needs ABs and putting him in a strict platoon will leave him on the bench for all but 1 or 2 games a week. I can't fathom why he wouldn't be in the lineup today.

F'n Ozzie is an idiot. He truly is. Your GM calls up this big power hitting 3B for a team barely scratching out runs but you leave him sit on the bench. Nice move assholee.

Edited by dmbjeff

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
F'n Ozzie is a retard. He truly is. Your GM calls up this big power hitting 3B for a team barely scratching out runs but you leave him sit on the bench. Nice move assholee.

He sat him vs Strasburg, no reason to get him to start his major league career 0 for 3 with 3 K's. It worked out anyways since Vizquel was a big part of the Wsox winning yesterday too.....

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Where is the guy who said Viciedo will hit more HRs in Sox uniform than Frank Thomas?

It starts tomorrow big guy! :)

Yes, where is that guy? I think that is a tall order though.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
The "Cuban Tank" is a terrible nickname too. And whats with the "Viva la Revolución" since he is considered a traitor by Fidel like the other Cubans. Dayan probably feels the same way as Tony Montana:

1267909637_top-10-drug-dealers_1.jpg

"Hey man, I am a political refugee"

Yes, indeed and do not step on my little cockroaches!

Thanx. Idiot is way better than the other word! Other good synonyms would be moron, numbskull or lamebrain.

Thanks much.

If Oz sits Viciedo again Sunday, he and KW will have an all out war brewing.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Thanx. Idiot is way better than the other word! Other good synonyms would be moron, numbskull or lamebrain.

Thanks much.

If Oz sits Viciedo again Sunday, he and KW will have an all out war brewing.

No problem, I forgot some people find that term to be offensive.

I don't understand calling up a top prospect in June to just have him sit. You bring up guys like that to contribute. You also don't want to stunt their growth as a ballplayer by not giving them needed AB's. I understood sitting him against Strasburg, plus he had to travel the day before and what not, let him get situated. Today he definetly should have been playing. I doubt he will even get a chance to PH today with Rios and PK being on the bench as well unless the game goes into extras.

I was saying after he got called up if he doesn't play 5 of every seven games it's a dumb move.

Should be interesting cause we know Oz loves Omar.

If Oz doesn't play Viz a lot, there should be an all out fistfight with Oz and KW brewing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
I was saying after he got called up if he doesn't play 5 of every seven games it's a dumb move.

If Oz doesn't play Viz a lot, there should be an all out fistfight with Oz and KW brewing.

Fixed.

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)

Who wants to lay the odds? I got $15 on Ozzie.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
$15 on Kenny. Gut feeling here, but I see Oz getting whooped.

I met KW in the parking lot before a game in 2005. I shook his hand and he is one strong SOB. He would kill Ozzie.

I don't get all the uproar over Viciedo not playing today. Ozzie had to figure with Konerko and Rios sitting that it was likely to be a low scoring game. If Viciedo is as bad at 3b as alot of people claimed, why put him in position to make a key, possibly game-changing error. Go with the defensive guy in Vizquel and let Dayan play another day when the regular lineup is out there. I think it's alot more likely he'd make a key error than go 3-4 with a HR and 3 RBI's. Vizquel made a nice defensive play and scored the only run. Everything worked out fine.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
I don't get all the uproar over Viciedo not playing today. Ozzie had to figure with Konerko and Rios sitting that it was likely to be a low scoring game. If Viciedo is as bad at 3b as alot of people claimed, why put him in position to make a key, possibly game-changing error. Go with the defensive guy in Vizquel and let Dayan play another day when the regular lineup is out there. I think it's alot more likely he'd make a key error than go 3-4 with a HR and 3 RBI's. Vizquel made a nice defensive play and scored the only run. Everything worked out fine.

This post only makes sense if you accept that it makes sense for Konerko and Rios to both sit on the same day, thus making it so that we have zero people in our lineup with an .800+ OPS.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
jamesdiego as a veteran of annoying avs myself, i stand and applaud you sir

Hey dude, can you please keep your eyes off my wife's crotch.

Actually she's some kind of Chicago model, and a Sox fan. She let me "borrow" it from her online portfolio.

Ozzie for Manager of the Year. Half joking, half serious.

We're almost a .500 ballclub as bad as we've been, of course, most of that is on the backs of beating up on the NL. This is still the same ballclub that managed to go 4-8 against the Cleveland Indians. I'd be shocked to see a division winner in recent years that had a losing record against the last place team in that division....maybe the Rays beat the Yankees 10-9 or something like that head-to-head 2-3-4 seasons ago, but we've been pretty close to dominated by the Indians, and they're borderline horrible. 5-7 or 6-6, okay, but not 4-8. It's just hard for me to ignore that, as well as we have been playing as of late.

And Beckham's still not close to pulling out of it. While we have some batters who are rebounding, Rios and Konerko can't carry the team by themselves....Ramirez, Quentin and Viciedo will have to come through because I have almost zero confidence now that Beckham will get this season straightened out. He had that big game this week against the Pirates and now he has fallen off a cliff again.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
This post only makes sense if you accept that it makes sense for Konerko and Rios to both sit on the same day, thus making it so that we have zero people in our lineup with an .800+ OPS.

and if we are going to give up 0 runs