AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 11:19 PM)
17th in runs scored.

I think they can move a little with Q getting better and hopefully Gordon and Alexi adding something on a consistent basis, but to truly contend, not just hang around, they need another bat, lefty would be best but I would take a righty

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 04:22 AM)
I think they can move a little with Q getting better and hopefully Gordon and Alexi adding something on a consistent basis, but to truly contend, not just hang around, they need another bat, lefty would be best but I would take a righty

That was referring to the royals. Seems to mean to me that despite getting a good amt. of men on base, many probably don't get into scoring position, and they have trouble getting them in. So sox starters getting out of a lot of jams against the royals doesn't seem that cray cray.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 11:49 PM)
That was referring to the royals. Seems to mean to me that despite getting a good amt. of men on base, many probably don't get into scoring position, and they have trouble getting them in. So sox starters getting out of a lot of jams against the royals doesn't seem that cray cray.

ah, OK Sox are actually 20th!

The good thing about having Putz on the mound there was that if it was Bobby pitching, Bloomquist steals that base no problem. Jenks is so easy to steal off of.

That's true. Good observation.

I can see why Oz got tossed tonight though. That last called strike on Pods was so high compared to the belt high pitches the ump was calling balls a majority of the game.

I'm glad he rung up Pods but that was high compared to the belt high pitches the guy was calling balls.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)
That's true. Good observation.

I can see why Oz got tossed tonight though. That last called strike on Pods was so high compared to the belt high pitches the ump was calling balls a majority of the game.

I'm glad he rung up Pods but that was high compared to the belt high pitches the guy was calling balls.

Yeah, that was a bad strike he called on Podsednik.

The last two home plate umpires have been terrible. I don't think guys complain much when the zone is consistent, no matter how big or small, but when it is inconsistent and no one has a clue what the guy is going to call a ball or strike, guys get frustrated.

Additionally, the umpires these days think they need to control the game WAY too much.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:34 AM)
Viciedo looked good. He was hitting the ball hard. He needs to be playing more.

It'd be a shame if we cleared up the farm for a rental hitter just to later find out that Viciedo can actually hit major league pitching. Give the guy a chance Ozzie.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 08:01 AM)
It'd be a shame if we cleared up the farm for a rental hitter just to later find out that Viciedo can actually hit major league pitching. Give the guy a chance Ozzie.

I really hope he doesnt sit today following his game last night, but I won't be surprised either way.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:47 AM)
I really hope he doesnt sit today following his game last night, but I won't be surprised either way.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...ar=2010&t=p

Lefties are hitting significantly better against him this year, and only 7 fewer PAs than RHBs, so I could deal with it if Ozzie stacks the lineup with lefties, but knowing Ozzie he'll stack the line-up with righties!

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...ar=2010&t=p

Lefties are hitting significantly better against him this year, and only 7 fewer PAs than RHBs, so I could deal with it if Ozzie stacks the lineup with lefties, but knowing Ozzie he'll stack the line-up with righties!

Forgot it was Greinke. Yeah I guess I wouldn't mind if he sat out either then.