July White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
Kenny's been working for the past two weeks straight basically.

It's called a tension breaker.

Maybe once you get a real job you will realize what it's like to work in a high-stress environment.

Please don't act like I'm some little kid who doesn't know s***. I know what a god damn tension breaker is.

But I also know a GM who didn't do his job thus far. It'd be a shame if what holds us back this season is Kotsay and Jones. And it'd be a bigger shame if we have to trade Danks or let Konerko go in the offseason because we couldn't afford them with Edwin Jackson on the roster.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
Please don't act like I'm some little kid who doesn't know s***. I know what a god damn tension breaker is.

But I also know a GM who didn't do his job thus far. It'd be a shame if what holds us back this season is Kotsay and Jones. And it'd be a bigger shame if we have to trade Danks or let Konerko go in the offseason because we couldn't afford them with Edwin Jackson on the roster.

Konerko is a goner because of Viciedo.

Danks may well be a goner because he hasn't shown any interest in a long term contract.

And as for the first line, you freaked out about the practical joke, so what does that mean?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)

Danks may well be a goner because he hasn't shown any interest in a long term contract.

And as for the first line, you freaked out about the practical joke, so what does that mean?

Almighty southsider2k5 knows everything!

This is the first I've heard of Konerko being a goner. Yep, lets replace what has been a cornerstone on offense for the past decade with a cheap rookie/sophomore who, as much as I like, is far from a sure thing, even when said rookie/sophomore could fill the hole at 3B or DH instead.

So, almighty southsider, who fills the 3B spot with Konerko gone? Morel? And what about DH? Move Quentin there? Then what about RF? Jones? Sounds like an even better offense than this years!

And as for Danks, he hasn't shown any interest in a long term contract? Who the hell would be dumb enough to sign a contract extension now when they can make a lot more closer to their free agency years. And for someone who gave me so much s*** about assuming KW never really went after Berkman, how are you going to assume Danks has never shown any interest in staying here? Thats even a greater assumption as I have never seen or heard anything to indicate Danks wants to test free agency or leave the White Sox.

And as for me not finding a god damn practical joke hilarious, I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more concerned with the future of this team.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)

This is the first I've heard of Konerko being a goner. Yep, lets replace what has been a cornerstone on offense for the past decade with a cheap rookie/sophomore who, as much as I like, is far from a sure thing, even when said rookie/sophomore could fill the hole at 3B or DH instead.

So, almighty southsider, who fills the 3B spot with Konerko gone? Morel? And what about DH? Move Quentin there? Then what about RF? Jones? Sounds like an even better offense than this years!

And as for Danks, he hasn't shown any interest in a long term contract? Who the hell would be dumb enough to sign a contract extension now when they can make a lot more closer to their free agency years. And for someone who gave me so much s*** about assuming KW never really went after Berkman, how are you going to assume Danks has never shown any interest in staying here? Thats even a greater assumption as I have never seen or heard anything to indicate Danks wants to test free agency or leave the White Sox.

And as for me not finding a god damn practical joke hilarious, I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more concerned with the future of this team.

You know the next intelligent discussion you have on this board will be the first.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)

Sounds like someone could use a tension breaker...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
You know the next intelligent discussion you have on this board will be the first.

You know the next time I give a s*** as to what you think will be the first.

I'm sorry, I'm a big boy, your insults aren't going to make me cry.

I don't agree with almighty southsider2k5, I'm not intelligent!!!! Let me go tell my mommy!

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
You know the next time I give a s*** as to what you think will be the first.

I'm sorry, I'm a big boy, your insults aren't going to make me cry.

I don't agree with almighty southsider2k5, I'm not intelligent!!!! Let me go tell my mommy!

If you could actually hold a conversation without freaking out like a 13 year old girl who didn't get Beiber tickets, you might actually get taken seriously more often than you get suspended. Go ahead and act like it is just me, but I am one of the few who actually argued for you to come back here when you came crawling back begging to get back in.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)

Have the Sox? Aside from their low ball offer from last spring that is? Kind of a two way street, I don't think we know anything about those negotiations.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:25 PM)
If you could actually hold a conversation without freaking out like a 13 year old girl who didn't get Beiber tickets, you might actually get taken seriously more often than you get suspended. Go ahead and act like it is just me, but I am one of the few who actually argued for you to come back here when you came crawling back begging to get back in.

I'm sorry, but if I recall correctly, I never asked you to do anything for me, and if you are going to hold something that you did on your own ambition over me, give me a freaking break. But thank you for arguing on my side.

And if you are going to demean me and expect me to sit back and take it because we have different view points, well that doesn't fly with me, and I certainly won't let people try and treat me like the village idiot.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
I'm sorry, but if I recall correctly, I never asked you to do anything for me, and if you are going to hold something that you did on your own ambition over me, give me a freaking break. But thank you for arguing on my side.

And if you are going to demean me and expect me to sit back and take it because we have different view points, well that doesn't fly with me, and I certainly won't let people try and treat me like the village idiot.

better than the village bicycle!

All I gotta say is that Kotsay better be DFA'd upon Teahen's retutrn. There is no need for him at that point. Teahen can take his place as the DH lefty platoon with Jones while Viciedo and Vizquez can platoon at 3b. Lillibridge needs to stay on the bench for speed and PHing duties.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
I think it's a lot more likely Lillibridge will be sent to AAA when Teahen comes back. Kotsay won't get dumped.

Why keep two guys that are almost identical except that one can actually hit?

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
I like Kotsay's defense at 1B, and just common sense says they like Kotsay a lot. Whether we like it or not, Kotsay isn't going anywhere when Teahen comes back.

I never wish injury upon a player but I wouldn't shed a tear if Kotsay pulled up lame in his next game.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)
I never wish injury upon a player but I wouldn't shed a tear if Kotsay pulled up lame in his next game.

I'm not going to say I wish an injury upon a guy because I'm matured to the point where I would never do that again, but it would be best for the organization if he did get injured, particularly once Teahen is back. And i'm not even kidding.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 08:36 AM)
All I gotta say is that Kotsay better be DFA'd upon Teahen's retutrn. There is no need for him at that point. Teahen can take his place as the DH lefty platoon with Jones while Viciedo and Vizquez can platoon at 3b. Lillibridge needs to stay on the bench for speed and PHing duties.

Totally agreed.