7/11 - Royals @ Sox

Heads22

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Pierre -- LF, Vizquel -- SS, Rios -- CF, Quentin -- DH, Kotsay -- 1B AJ - c Jones -- RF Viciedo -- 3B Beckham --2B

So Paulie gets a day off because he made the all star team. That sucks.

And I am really getting tired of Pierre. What I'd do to swap him for Dejesus.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
And I am really getting tired of Pierre. What I'd do to swap him for Dejesus.

Right now our biggest hole is at DH, seeing Kotsay/Andruw take bats in that position distracts me from the other weaknesses in the lineup.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
Right now our biggest hole is at DH, seeing Kotsay/Andruw take bats in that position distracts me from the other weaknesses in the lineup.

Agreed but I still cringe after every softly hit ball by Pierre.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
I want Paul in there now that Lerew is starting.

I've never seen a manager give his best players so many days off. You'd almost think Rios and Konerko had some clause in their contract where they need to sit one game every week with the frequency Ozzie rests them.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)
I've never seen a manager give his best players so many days off. You'd almost think Rios and Konerko had some clause in their contract where they need to sit one game every week with the frequency Ozzie rests them.

And Pierre never misses a game.

EDIT: Just checked. Pierre leads the team with 335 ABs. Rios 2nd with 308. Pierre also leads the team in games played at 85.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)
I can't find any news on Grienke missing the start. Was this mentioned on the radio?

Greinke scratched; Lerew to start in finale

fan comments (0)print this pagee-mail this pagepost on facebook

By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com

07/11/10 12:11 PM ET

CHICAGO -- Royals ace Zack Greinke was scratched from his start on Sunday against the White Sox because of discomfort in the back of his right shoulder.

Greinke felt a pull in the shoulder as he fielded a squeeze bunt off the bat of Jack Wilson in the third inning last Tuesday night in Seattle. He stayed in the game and pitched seven innings of a 3-2 victory.

Royals manager Ned Yost said the injury is not believed to be serious.

"We've been looking at it for two days. He still feels a little something in the back of his shoulder," Yost said. "He could pitch, but with the All-Star break coming, we're going to back him up one start. I'm probably being overcautious."

Greinke is still scheduled to start against in the first game after the break, next Friday night against Oakland at Kauffman Stadium.

Anthony Lerew, skipped over in the last turn of the rotation, stepped in to make Sunday's start against the White Sox.