White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

My guess to a wow/headscratcher move that KW pulls out of his hat: Chone Figgins

Wouldnt cost anything, one of the most versatile players in baseball, if you can sweeten the deal and get the M's to pick up some of that contract...

I know he's having a down year but maybe Kenny thinks he can get solid production from him with a change of scenery

Seattle GM likes Morel a lot according to Stoney

Edited by Real

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:37 AM)
My guess to a wow/headscratcher move that KW pulls out of his hat: Chone Figgins

Wouldnt cost anything, one of the most versatile players in baseball, if you can sweeten the deal and get the M's to pick up some of that contract...

I know he's having a down year but maybe Kenny thinks he can get solid production from him with a change of scenery

Seattle GM likes Morel a lot according to Stoney

I'd rather have Mark Kotsay

There would be absolutely no need for Figgins with Lillibridge on the team, unless KW and Ozzie felt like we needed more black people on the team.

Lillibridge does basically everything we would ask of Figgins, except Lillibridge is actually hitting this year and is immensely cheaper.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
There would be absolutely no need for Figgins with Lillibridge on the team, unless KW and Ozzie felt like we needed more black people on the team.

Lillibridge does basically everything we would ask of Figgins, except Lillibridge is actually hitting this year and is immensely cheaper.

Ok, so we have a Kotsay is better than Figgins post, and now a f***ing Brent Lillibridge is better post

Any other gems somebody wants to throw out?

I think it's funny that people think Chone Figgins is as bad as his numbers are showing. I also think it's funny that you guys are dismissing the chance that Seattle would pick up parts of that contract.

Figgins > Pierre, Lillibridge, Kotsay, gmafb.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Ok, so we have a Kotsay is better than Figgins post, and now a f***ing Brent Lillibridge is better post

I think it's funny that people think Chone Figgins is as bad as his numbers are showing. I also think it's funny that you guys are dismissing the chance that Seattle would pick up parts of that contract.

I agree, I just wonder what Figgins would cost (I don't see it).

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)

I hate to sound like Hawk, but where would he play?

Also, yeah, Figgins is terrible this year. And considering the amount of money he is owed over the next 3 years, he ain't worth the risk, especially for someone who would only be a utility backup player for us, like Lillibridge currently is.

Talk to me when the Mariners are willing to pay over half of the almost 30 million or so he is owed for the next 3 years. Otherwise, GMFAB.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
I hate to sound like Hawk, but where would he play?

Also, yeah, Figgins is terrible this year. And considering the amount of money he is owed over the next 3 years, he ain't worth the risk, especially for someone who would only be a utility backup player for us, like Lillibridge currently is.

Talk to me when the Mariners are willing to pay over half of the almost 30 million or so he is owed for the next 3 years. Otherwise, GMFAB.

Lillibridge would go back to Charlotte, and Kotsay would probably be released or traded. Stop it with the f***ing Kotsay love, the dude is GARBAGE. They even had a f***ing bat-burning ceremony to basically say, Ok. Let's try this crazy ass s*** to maybe help you suck less.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
Lillibridge would go back to Charlotte, and Kotsay would probably be released or traded. Stop it with the f***ing Kotsay love, the dude is GARBAGE. They even had a f***ing bat-burning ceremony to basically say, Ok. Let's try this crazy ass s*** to maybe help you suck less.

No one said Kotsay doesn't suck, fathom just said he'd take Kotsay over Figgins.

And if I had to choose between Figgins and Lillibridge right now, I'd choose Lillibridge. The only way I wouldn't is if the Mariners took on so much of Figgins contract that we weren't paying him more then 2 million per year for the next 3 years.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
Also, yeah, Figgins is terrible this year. And considering the amount of money he is owed over the next 3 years, he ain't worth the risk,

Figgins is unhappy in Seattle and that would likely account for a large portion of his suckiness. If the Mariners are committed to Wakamatsu, they might dump salary to move Figgins, who plays 3B a lot better than Teahen or Viciedo. That said, this would be a move that the Sox would explore in the off-season, not now. Too many 1B/3B on the current roster.

I also doubt that Wakamatsu is managing the Mariners next season, so it may be a moot point. He and Griffey didn't speak for the two weeks prior to Griffey's retirement, and there are rumors that he forced him out. My guess is that they fire Wakamatsu before dealing Figgins.

Jack Z. will give Figgins another year to get his game straightened out.

Agree Wakamatsu is Dead Man Walking.

No way Ozzie would screw over either Vizquel or Pierre for Figgins...not going to happen. Not during the season.

BTW, every MLB team could have signed Aubrey Huff cheaply and the guy's got a 950 OPS. Of course, it's in the NL West.

Would be nice if we could convince someone to take Pena or Linebrink and give us back a real hitter...but the odds of that happening are 0-5%.

With Linebrink, we just need the salary relief, I'm sure KW would pay his remaining 2010 contract to get the 2011 obligation off the books...especially if we're going to try to carry Jackson too.

I wonder if KW will try to put the screws to Danks in the offseason about signing an extension with the threat of trading him hanging over his head? Unfortunately, that's a huge risk to trade your ace with two more relatively cheap seasons (all things considered for a pitcher of Danks' caliber) when we don't know what we'll get out of Peavy.

Ken_Rosenthal #Nationals don't seem ready to budge. So, barring mystery team, hard to see Dunn deal. #WhiteSox can wait until Aug. - Alex Rios time. #MLB

24 minutes ago

Ken_Rosenthal #WhiteSox saying, again, that they are out on Dunn. If that's true, Dunn could stay with #Nationals. #Rays only in at rt price (MORE) #MLB

28 minutes ago

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
Would be nice if we could convince someone to take Pena or Linebrink and give us back a real hitter...but the odds of that happening are 0-5%.

With Linebrink, we just need the salary relief, I'm sure KW would pay his remaining 2010 contract to get the 2011 obligation off the books...especially if we're going to try to carry Jackson too.

I wonder if KW will try to put the screws to Danks in the offseason about signing an extension with the threat of trading him hanging over his head? Unfortunately, that's a huge risk to trade your ace with two more relatively cheap seasons (all things considered for a pitcher of Danks' caliber) when we don't know what we'll get out of Peavy.

Since when is Tony Pena someone we need to dump?

Troy Renck of the Denver Post tweets that the Cubs could move Ryan Theriot to the Diamondbacks for Kelly Johnson.

The dbacks would be getting ripped Kelly Johnson is a lot better then The Riot. This would be a great fit for the the flubs however. The middle of the diamond, Kelly Johnson, Castro, Byrd.