THE CLUB - 2010

justBLAZE

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
They re-air it like 25 times a week, trust me...

It's obvious by the trade war room remark "The question is are we better with Jackson or are we better with Hudson?" that Jackson was acquired to pitch for the Sox not "flip" to WAS. There's also the fact that Jackson was traded for AFTER

talks with The Nats completely broke down. Kenny didn't even speak with Rizzo at any point on Sunday.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
Excellent. I'll have to look on the guide everyday to see what time then.

Kudos Mark. I dislike you slightly less now. :D

Great. Now I can sleep tonight.

Fathom, I dunno what you want out of this show...I am watching it right now and think the episodes are pretty good.

This show has been rather disappointing IMO. I was hoping more of a show that gave us behind the scenes insight in meetings, discussions,etc. Instead its like a highlight show with Ozzie and KW interviews. I would put in my Sox Pride DVD if I wanted to see that.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
This show has been rather disappointing IMO. I was hoping more of a show that gave us behind the scenes insight in meetings, discussions,etc. Instead its like a highlight show with Ozzie and KW interviews. I would put in my Sox Pride DVD if I wanted to see that.

You have a point...the second episode was pretty solid, as it showed us a bit of what goes on in the draft process. I am hoping the last two episodes are more along the lines of that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
I'm desperately trying to find a stream of this...

There is one on Myp2p, but it's only after games. :(

Edit: it started working after a while. I'll be watching the last 15 minutes of the show.

Not sure if you've been told or asked yet but if you have comcast and not mlbnetwork you can still watch the show I think. I have MLB so no issues but my buddy doesnt. I was looking literally today at the ONDEMAND, Local section, went to sports or chicago sports, then go to white sox and it should be in there. It may just be in the chicago sports part too, cant quite remember it all. Anyways, you'll see the MLBNetwork thing under the White Sox and go into the shows - it says on mine they're complimentary. I'd assume you can see them then.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 04:40 AM)
Great. Now I can sleep tonight.

Fathom, I dunno what you want out of this show...I am watching it right now and think the episodes are pretty good.

I liked the draft episode a lot. However, last night's episodes featured like 5 minutes of stuff behind the scenes, and 18 minutes of game highlights, etc. I thought it would have been interesting if they showed the meeting when it was discussed who would be called up for Peavy, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
I liked the draft episode a lot. However, last night's episodes featured like 5 minutes of stuff behind the scenes, and 18 minutes of game highlights, etc. I thought it would have been interesting if they showed the meeting when it was discussed who would be called up for Peavy, etc.

They haven't gotten to the Peavy injury yet.

The thing I thought was glaringly missing from last night was reaction to the Zambrianless meltdown.

Like, for example, the Sox dugout in real time during that.

QUOTE (Pumpkin Escobar @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
Not sure if you've been told or asked yet but if you have comcast and not mlbnetwork you can still watch the show I think. I have MLB so no issues but my buddy doesnt. I was looking literally today at the ONDEMAND, Local section, went to sports or chicago sports, then go to white sox and it should be in there. It may just be in the chicago sports part too, cant quite remember it all. Anyways, you'll see the MLBNetwork thing under the White Sox and go into the shows - it says on mine they're complimentary. I'd assume you can see them then.

I don't have Comcast On Demand or MLB Network, unfortunately.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 07:43 AM)

I agree with you 100%

The show is even using a ton of stock footage. Many views of the park show a ton of old blue seats. They are also repeating numerous interesting clips from previous shows. There is a lot of filler in each episode and very little behind the scenes. I still think it is fun to watch and I am enjoying them, but I expected more. I really wanted them to get into the Zambrano stuff and the Ozzie point of view, but it didn't happen. The draft episode was the best so far and I am looking forward to the trade deadline episode. I just do not want to sit through a "we love Jackson and we always wanted to keep him" episode.

QUOTE (Soxman72 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
I agree with you 100%

The show is even using a ton of stock footage. Many views of the park show a ton of old blue seats. They are also repeating numerous interesting clips from previous shows. There is a lot of filler in each episode and very little behind the scenes. I still think it is fun to watch and I am enjoying them, but I expected more. I really wanted them to get into the Zambrano stuff and the Ozzie point of view, but it didn't happen. The draft episode was the best so far and I am looking forward to the trade deadline episode. I just do not want to sit through a "we love Jackson and we always wanted to keep him" episode.

Some of them were from the 2005 WS DVD, lol.

QUOTE (Soxman72 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
I agree with you 100%

You guys have to realize that they can't be jeopardizing the reputation of players on other teams for the sake of our entertainment.

The inside stuff they show is shown to give us an insight on the process, not on the dirty secrets of the players.

I went to my friends house tonight for Last Comic Standing, and found out that The Club episodes ARE indeed on Comcast On Demand. So we watch the first 2 episodes. He is not a Sox fan, but I convinced him to watch them because I knew they would have footage of Dan Hudson, Santos, and Barret Loux (He is a Dbacks fan somehow). It was a little boring w/ how much they focused on Ozzie. I wanted to see more interaction of players in the dugout, during games, and in the locker room having fun and talking. I know the show is about the management and front office, but I think less of Ozzie and Kenny and Jerry/Selig would have been more exciting. I really loved Coop in it though, he had some good jokes about Ozzie tweeting and Jeff Cox as the 3B general.