THE CLUB - 2010

justBLAZE

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
Great episode damn you Berkman. Deal was done. That was def. Uspsetting and you could tell KW was pissed.

I'm sure Berkman would love to be on the Sox right now. He's been the subject of a ton of boos in New York.

BTW, did the show say anything about who we were going to give up for him?

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
I like the trade deadline access and debate.

Well, I hate D. Zien, the Assistant Director of Baseball Ops. His talk about facing LHP in the postseason was idiotic considering we have to make the playoffs first.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
Well, I hate D. Zien, the Assistant Director of Baseball Ops. His talk about facing LHP in the postseason was idiotic considering we have to make the playoffs first.

Oh I know, I just like how there was an open debate, Coop was bought in, etc.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
It was Berkman and Cash to the White Sox.

Wow...

I would have sure love to have Berkman for nothing.

That + EJax would have been a hell of a deadline.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
Wow...

Yea. . i loved their approach of 'not taking away from the current product' meaning he'll trade only from the minors. KW will still get a bat. It may not be a significant bat- but he'll definitley get something.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
Wow...

No doubt. I loved the way Kenny and Rick..etc handled their business at the deadline. Good of Peavy to try and sell Berkman on the Sox. Not getting a bat truly pissed everybody off, especially Kenny.

But, he did say "We aren't getting anybody...right now..."

See my avatar for details.

Edited by bucket-of-suck

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
Again...will it ever air on Comcast SportsNet?

I want to see it >.

hit 999 on your comcast remote (I'm assuming you have a cable box) then click on White Sox and go from there. My friend didn't have MLB Network at he was able to watch it with ondemand.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
Really feel like KW would kick the crap out of Rizzo if he got the chance.

Didnt get that at all. All I saw was EJax was never discussed and KW wanted to keep him instead of trying to get Dunn. Rizzo has said multiple times that the Sox were in a distant 3rd place and were never close.

And since I now see how close the deal actually was, I am more confident in my sources. I mentioned Berkman months ago as a player of interest and its clear they were talking about it legitimately back then.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
Didnt get that at all. All I saw was EJax was never discussed and KW wanted to keep him instead of trying to get Dunn. Rizzo has said multiple times that the Sox were in a distant 3rd place and were never close.

Kenny was also quite angry at an unnamed GM that he felt was just asking for the moon from Kenny to try to drive up the asking price on that player for other teams. And referred to this trading deadine as particularly frustrating because of it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
Kenny was also quite angry at an unnamed GM that he felt was just asking for the moon from Kenny to try to drive up the asking price on that player for other teams. And referred to this trading deadine as particularly frustrating because of it.

Aka, "leaked" info about how close the Sox actually were to getting Dunn. Driving up the price saying there was a 3-way deal possible or that the Sox were shopping Gordo. I dont think we were close at all for Dunn.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Aka, "leaked" info about how close the Sox actually were to getting Dunn. Driving up the price saying there was a 3-way deal possible or that the Sox were shopping Gordo. I dont think we were close at all for Dunn.

I don't think we were either, and I think part of the reason KW is pissed at Rizzo is that he felt like Rizzo was being totally unreasonable.