THE CLUB - 2010

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
I don't think we were either, and I think part of the reason KW is pissed at Rizzo is that he felt like Rizzo was being totally unreasonable.

It's interesting that Keith Law reported that Rizzo reneged on Kenny. Might Kenny and friends have have leaked that story to make Rizzo look like an ass?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
hit 999 on your comcast remote (I'm assuming you have a cable box) then click on White Sox and go from there. My friend didn't have MLB Network at he was able to watch it with ondemand.

Nah, Dish Network.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
Ya, I mentioned it earlier. Comcast SportsNet will be re-airing it in the next week or so.

HUZZAH!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
No it wasn't.

While the trade was official, it never was announced, so there was no need to announce the players that were involved. For current Sox prospects watching this show, and seeing that they were actually traded, but still the organization just isn't the best thing to do. It's the same reason they never showed conversations between the Sox and Nationals for Dunn.

Players were certainly involved.

there were 2 players going to houston, neither of them were in the sox top 10 prospects. obviously I can't name them but none of you would have been upset at them being moved

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
I don't think we were either, and I think part of the reason KW is pissed at Rizzo is that he felt like Rizzo was being totally unreasonable.

as I said before, it was beckham or no dunn and that never came down. so no the sox were never close to getting dunn because beckham was not going anywhere

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
I'm kind of glad that Jackson wasn't brought here TO BE shipped out for Dunn and for that reason only, they wanted him, they felt like he can help us win games, and I'm confident in that move.

I feel the same way. It's a good feeling to know that all 5 of our starters have the ability to shut down an offense.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 07:48 AM)
I feel the same way. It's a good feeling to know that all 5 of our starters have the ability to shut down an offense.

I have my doubts about Jackson, but it's very difficult to argue with his last two starts. At the very least, he's a short-term upgrade over Hudson. Having a quality #5 is especially important when you're in a tight division race.

The last couple episodes were great. Really made Kenny come off as a funny, light-hearted guy. I was watching with a Cubs fan, and a dbacks fan, and we were all laughing our ass off at Kenny saying "How does this guy know this s***?" and "Alright, everyone put your phones in the middle" during the Trade Deadline episode. And Ozzie riding around his bike was hilarious.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
There's a joke here involving the word "organ" that I'm not going to write to avoid having to suspend myself.

I believe Micheal Clarke Duncan already went there during his narration of that particular scene.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
The last couple episodes were great. Really made Kenny come off as a funny, light-hearted guy. I was watching with a Cubs fan, and a dbacks fan, and we were all laughing our ass off at Kenny saying "How does this guy know this s***?" and "Alright, everyone put your phones in the middle" during the Trade Deadline episode. And Ozzie riding around his bike was hilarious.

I found that hilarious.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
The best line of the six episodes might have been Jerry telling Bud Selig that it said in the bible "Thou Shalt Not Put Ketchup on Hot Dogs."

I'll stick with Cooper's "I missed a lot of this, is this going to be on your twitter later".