White Sox at Twins 7-18 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get this one, please. A victory gives us a semi-win for the series (imo, ties of 4-gamers go to the road club) and leaves us in a better position in the division than when we came to Minnesota after the break. Come on Big Game Freddy!

I just got back from Minneapolis. The park really is nice. I did witness something very funny.

On Thursday about 1 pm, I went to will call to pick up some tickets. Jeff Cox is in front of me trying to get in the park.

"I need to get in the f***ing park. No I don't have an ID. I'm Jeff f***ing Cox. I'm the f***ing 3rd base coach. "

He got in.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
I just got back from Minneapolis. The park really is nice. I did witness something very funny.

On Thursday about 1 pm, I went to will call to pick up some tickets. Jeff Cox is in front of me trying to get in the park.

"I need to get in the f***ing park. No I don't have an ID. I'm Jeff f***ing Cox. I'm the f***ing 3rd base coach. "

He got in.

Hahaha.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)

He got in.

Thats funny!

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 12:29 PM)
Indians with the early lead against Detroit. Nix

Damn, Nix is slugging .563 with the Tribe. 6 homers in 64 at bats.

Who would've thought that at this point in the season, Beckham would be trailing the offensive output of Nix, Lillibridge, and Vizquel.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
Well, Stone jinxed the hell out of Rios in that AB. Rios needs a break, as he doesn't look very good at the plate. He's slow to turn on fastballs on the inner half.

Didn't he, and the rest of MLB for that matter, just get a 3 day break?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
J4L, I'm still not sold Rios is 100% healthy. He got all of those days off prior to the ASB (for reasons that were never explained)

He's at least not hitting nearly as hard as he was through the first part of June.