Dumbass Fans

I felt like making a thread out of this because this made me laugh out loud a little while ago. I just had this exchange on Facebook with some random dude. His status asked what was your saddest moment as a Bears fan, followed by comments:

Me: halfway through the 3rd quarter of Super Bowl 41 when everything came apart at the seams. (one like)

Some dude: Yeah that's when Jay Cutler was messing up big time!!!!

Me: lol Jay Cutler was a rookie in Denver and played 5 games that year.

Some dude (clearly not understanding what he just said and what I just said): LOL. They should of sat him down a long time ago. LOL.

Me: That is like saying the Vikings would've won that playoff game in '98 if Adrian Peterson hadn't fumbled.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a roommate that knew absolutely nothing about sports but tried to talk about sports as if he had a clue.

Example: "Man, the Bears should of never let the Jets draft Thomas Jones" "I really hope the Bears can draft Matt Ryan in the off-season" etc.

Every Sox game I go to there's one guy/gal - old enough to know better - jumping around hollering at everything on the video screen (like the make noise graphic), acting like they're either 8 years old or half out of the bag and it's only the 3rd inning. The "special" acting person goes on and on for at least 4 or five innings, then disappears.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
I had a roommate that knew absolutely nothing about sports but tried to talk about sports as if he had a clue.

Example: "Man, the Bears should of never let the Jets draft Thomas Jones" "I really hope the Bears can draft Matt Ryan in the off-season" etc.

I was watching a random Thursday night football game in like November this year and my roomate asked me if I was watching the Super Bowl, and he was dead serious.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
i heard alot of people ask when the shootout was during hawks playoff games

I can understand that, lot of new hockey fans in Chicago and you wouldnt think any reason to change the OT and shootout rules in playoffs.

Actually was at a Cubs game with my Cub-fan brother in law. Had seats literally last row, way back under the deck behind home plate. My bro in law was embarrassed the whole time (it was a double header, and back in the Sosa days) because all the people around us were living up to the stereotype. Half were turned around in their seats and not watching the game, getting hammered and seemed more interested in conversation that the game. Well, second game starts, and Sosa wasn't playing. About the 4th inning, a girl sitting next to Mike (bro in law) turns to him and asks "Why isn't Sammy playing?" He turns to her and says "Oh I don't know, maybe because he went 0 for f*cking 5, which you may have guessed if you were WATCHING the game!" She gives him this blank stare, then turns back around and continues to not watch the game. Mike just turns to me and says "Not ONE F*CKING WORD!, JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING!" DOH!

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
Reed is GOD. :stick yes you can add me to the list.

I'm sure if someone with way too much time on their hands really tried, they could find some gems from anyone that regularly posts on Soxtalk.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 04:06 AM)
I was watching a random Thursday night football game in like November this year and my roomate asked me if I was watching the Super Bowl, and he was dead serious.

i mean does the dude/girl watch sports at all. When i think of dumbass fans i think of the people that just like talking/arguing without bothering to care to know what they are talking about.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
i mean does the dude/girl watch sports at all. When i think of dumbass fans i think of the people that just like talking/arguing without bothering to care to know what they are talking about.

Well he tried watching sports with me during the year but he never caught on(like he could never understand a punt and always thought the team that kicked it should get it where it landed). The Super Bowl is something though that the grand majority of americans know takes place in early feb late jan and on a Sunday.

Happens almost every baseball game, and it kills me. There is always some fan in the upper deck, a ways down the line, 20 rows up, who spends the game shouting at the umpire about balls and strikes. Really? From 400' up and over here, you can see the strike zone that well? Are you half owl? Shut your yap.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 07:55 AM)
Happens almost every baseball game, and it kills me. There is always some fan in the upper deck, a ways down the line, 20 rows up, who spends the game shouting at the umpire about balls and strikes. Really? From 400' up and over here, you can see the strike zone that well? Are you half owl? Shut your yap.

Who-who are you to question that?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 07:55 AM)

Haha this one is so perfect, because I know some people who are actually really smart sports fans, yet they still do this crap. I always respond with "the ump is hundreds of feet closer, I'll take his word for it". Even if you think it's controversial, just check the video later to see if you're right. But to whine at that point is asinine, as you pointed out.

How about this for an easy one.

A few years ago I was at a Sox/Cubs game at Wrigley. Always fun to watch the idiot Cubs fans, especially after we had a recent WS win. Some guy had a picture of the Ozzie kissing his son photo with the caption "He Gay!" on it. I stopped him and said hey, nice shirt, and politely asked when that photo was taken. He was stunned, shamed, and walked away. Sometimes they just make it so easy. Anyways, I digress.

At some point in the game a Sox hitter had a 2-0 count on him with runners on in a big spot. I said to my buddies something along the lines of "all right, good hitters count, drive a fastball here."

Drunk Cubs fan in front of me tells me that 2-0 is not a good hitting count, that 3-1 is a good hitting count. I told him yes, 3-1 is a good hitting count, but 2-0 is a good hitting count as well. I told him the stats even bear this out, and to go look it up when he got home if he could figure out how to work a computer.

Cubs fan wearing a Fukedome shirt to the White Sox vs. Royals game at the Cell back in July 08.

Sox fan yelled out at him so loudly, almost everyone in the outfield seats could hear "FUKUDOME SUCKS!!!"