Dumbass Fans

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 11:24 AM)
Says the guy who likes Darko (although I agree with you on TT).

I wish Darko would play in the NBA like he did for the Serbian National Team. He'd have been worthy of that 2nd pick.

Either way, I'd take Darko over Tyrus. Size, defense, shot-blocking, and he's actually got some skill offensively down low, especially passing. Doesn't rely entirely on athleticism.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
I kept looking at the date because I couldn't believe it.

"Eagles president said he has no intentions to trade him."

Given the date, truer words were never posted.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

I get annoyed when everyone goes insane at the game on a fly ball that is clearly not going to be a HR. Why don't people take a quick glance at the outfielder and which way he's running/walking to get an idea if the ball has a chance to go out? The last game we went to some lady right behind us kept going berserk for every routine fly out. I felt like punching her.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 10:55 AM)
I get annoyed when everyone goes insane at the game on a fly ball that is clearly not going to be a HR. Why don't people take a quick glance at the outfielder and which way he's running/walking to get an idea if the ball has a chance to go out? The last game we went to some lady right behind us kept going berserk for every routine fly out. I felt like punching her.

Yeah, I'm not that great at judging fly balls myself. If the CF is just standing still about 40 ft from the wall, no reason to get up and start yelling.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)

Yeah, maybe it's because I was an outfielder once and I can usually kind of tell where the ball was going, the MLB outfielders will know immediately and if they are slowly jogging to a spot (and not towards the wall) there's no reason to stand up and/or say anything whatsoever. The exception being if someone tattoos the s*** out of a ball, and you hear it, but it dies on the warning track.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Yeah, maybe it's because I was an outfielder once and I can usually kind of tell where the ball was going, the MLB outfielders will know immediately and if they are slowly jogging to a spot (and not towards the wall) there's no reason to stand up and/or say anything whatsoever. The exception being if someone tattoos the s*** out of a ball, and you hear it, but it dies on the warning track.

Yep agreed on all counts. I was an OF once too, and can just about always tell about where the ball will generally end up. Every once in a blue moon you can get a swing that fools, but like you said, look at the outfielder in that case.

After the cubs were eliminated by the Marlins in 03, my one friend who was a fan of those losers told me he hated the Mariners. I asked him why and he claimed "because they beat the cubs", to add to his humility, i asked home how they lost to the Mariners, and he said "we lost the game", meaning he obviously didn't understand that it was a series. He also apparently went on to not even have watched the game or anything. Of course, we all know this is how the average cubs fan is.

• 3 weeks later...

I had asked a lot of my Cub fan friends in college who would talk smack about AJP why they hated him so much (pre getting hit by Barrett), and none of them were able to give me a straight answer. There are a lot of people out there that boo AJ, and I think most of them don't really know why...