Didn't we win??

Leonard Zelig

It's going to be interesting to see how long they wait for Kotsay to spring back to life.

When you looked at the match-up before this game and the fact that the A's have been playing playing pretty well, not to mention Buerhle's decade-long history of struggles in Oakland, it really seemed set up for a loss...or at the very least, another Jenks appearance.

It wasn't a very exciting game, but one thing Ozzie did do well was get the runners moving to stay out of a double play situation early with Konerko at bat (could have been a triple play) and also running Jones and Lillibridge late, setting up the clinching insurance runs.

26th complete game of his career, has done his customary blue-collar work of battling to get his ERA back to 4 from the mid 5's range.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
It's nice watching the Sox beat up on teams we should beat...we should definitly fatten up our W record these upcoming series...

Oakland is an average team (48-48) but by no means are they a pushover. Trevor Cahill is a stud, and Brett Anderson on Sunday will be tough.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
It's going to be interesting to see how long they wait for Kotsay to spring back to life.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping and praying that they wait for no longer than 6 days from this moment.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
Oakland is an average team (48-48) but by no means are they a pushover. Trevor Cahill is a stud, and Brett Anderson on Sunday will be tough.

Is Anderson officially starting on Sunday?

I love how effortless Omar Vizquel makes playing defense look. Now, when a ball is hit to the leftside i don't even blink. Great start from Buehrle tonight and awesome job by Kotsay to ground out to SS tonight too. Way to change it up,

I agree, Bolt. Defense can be as important as whacking a few hits per game.

That's why I wish we'd just send Dayan down. Oz is in love with Omar's defense and Dayan isn't going to play, so I'd be in favor of demoting him just to get him regular play.

He is in real danger of being DFA'd when Teahen comes back.

If a trade brings back a bat or a RH reliever he is out.

Edited by GREEDY

Mark Buehrle just pitches so well on July 23rd...

That was vintage Mark yesterday. Good control, good location, pitched to contact to keep his pitch count in check.

Edited by chw42

I have a feeling it has more to do with waiting for to see if the market drops than waiting for Kotsay to turn around.

Mark looked brilliant but I was worried that Q's pathetic attempt at that double would have sparked the typical Buehrle meltdown in the coliseum. Fortunately he pitched over it.

The Kotsay/AJ combo still angers me. Talk about DFA caliber offense from those guys. Sheesh.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
Mark looked brilliant but I was worried that Q's pathetic attempt at that double would have sparked the typical Buehrle meltdown in the coliseum. Fortunately he pitched over it.

The Kotsay/AJ combo still angers me. Talk about DFA caliber offense from those guys. Sheesh.

I'm pretty sure AJ makes the third out with a runner on base at least twice a game. It's usually on the first pitch, too.

I was also scared after that Quentin play. And in his defense, it seemed like a tough play, but he also played it badly. He looks like a little leaguer out there sometimes.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)

I would in no way, shape or form call it a pathetic effort. Did he look graceful ? No. Should he have just faced the wall and played the carom off the wall. Perhaps. A lot of outfielders would have but with Cust running it did not add an extra base when the ball caromed past him. Should he have gone crashing into the the wall full speed. Hello no we need his bat. Would some one like Jones have caught it ? Very hard to say based on positioning . Do you think Q wanted to catch it ? Of course he did so I can't fault the effort.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
I would in no way, shape or form call it a pathetic effort. Did he look graceful ? No. Should he have just faced the wall and played the carom off the wall. Perhaps. A lot of outfielders would have but with Cust running it did not add an extra base when the ball caromed past him. Should he have gone crashing into the the wall full speed. Hello no we need his bat. Would some one like Jones have caught it ? Very hard to say based on positioning . Do you think Q wanted to catch it ? Of course he did so I can't fault the effort.

What's pathetic about Quentin in the outfield is that he always runs with his glove out. The good outfielders keep their gloves to their sides until the last second. You lose speed if you do it the way Quentin does it.

I find it amazing how hard you guys are on Whitesox outfielders defense on this board throughout the years . If guys arent playing to the caliber of a Rios or Brian f'ing Anderson they are shredded a new one by everybody on here. LOL

QUOTE (ICP! @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
I find it amazing how hard you guys are on Whitesox outfielders defense on this board throughout the years . If guys arent playing to the caliber of a Rios or Brian f'ing Anderson they are shredding a new one by everybody on here. LOL

It's because JD and Quentin are terrible.

Although I do remember somebody saying Dewayne Wise sucked at defense, that was uncalled for.