Didn't we win??

Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (ICP! @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
I find it amazing how hard you guys are on Whitesox outfielders defense on this board throughout the years . If guys arent playing to the caliber of a Rios or Brian f'ing Anderson they are shredded a new one by everybody on here. LOL

Most knowledgeable people know that Juan Pierre has been fantastic this year.

Ordonez used to get ripped-----Mackowiak...ripped----- Lee...ripped------- Pods...ripped------ Everett...ripped------Owens...ripped

None of them great, most of them bad but none of them nearly as bad as Sox fans made them out to be.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
I actually noticed there was no winner thread about 20 minutes after the game. I thought about starting one, but didn't want to jinx anything (yes, I'm that superstitious) since I hadn't made one the entire year.

Good win almost all around.

Blame it on being a West Coast game. God I hate those.

QUOTE (ICP! @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
Ordonez used to get ripped-----Mackowiak...ripped----- Lee...ripped------- Pods...ripped------ Everett...ripped------Owens...ripped

None of them great, most of them bad but none of them nearly as bad as Sox fans made them out to be.

Mackowiak wasn't as bad as we made him out to be? Everett as well? I don't remember Owens getting ripped on much at all.

I don't remember Owens getting ripped either except for having a weak arm. He didn't get the best jumps but obviously he had plenty of speed to cover for it. Macowiak was awful, may as well have had Jermaine Dye in CF.

Erstad, actually, used to get ripped pretty unfairly for his CF defense although this was before I started posting here (I was at WSI). Erstad was terrible at the plate, and at that point should not have been starting over Anderson, but his defense in CF was pretty good except for that one really embarrassing play where the ball he lost in the lights that fell 20 feet behind him (too small a sample size for UZR to really be useful, but it was 31.5 that year).

I remember the knock on Owens was bad routes to the ball, like seriously straight across to the ball instead of rounding it and giving himself a chance if the ball carried. His speed definitely gave him a chance to make up for it but there was some inexperience there that hurt him badly

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
I don't remember Owens getting ripped either except for having a weak arm. He didn't get the best jumps but obviously he had plenty of speed to cover for it. Macowiak was awful, may as well have had Jermaine Dye in CF.

Erstad, actually, used to get ripped pretty unfairly for his CF defense although this was before I started posting here (I was at WSI). Erstad was terrible at the plate, and at that point should not have been starting over Anderson, but his defense in CF was pretty good except for that one really embarrassing play where the ball he lost in the lights that fell 20 feet behind him (too small a sample size for UZR to really be useful, but it was 31.5 that year).

That made for such an awesome f***ing picture though.

I find it amazing how hard you guys are on Whitesox outfielders defense on this board throughout the years . If guys arent playing to the caliber of a Rios or Brian f'ing Anderson they are shredded a new one by everybody on here. LOL

I've noticed that as well.

Nobody is definitively saying whether CQ should have caught that ball last night. I say I don't think so, what do you all say?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
That made for such an awesome f***ing picture though.

I remember I had a bottle of beer at my computer and I did a spit-take at the monitor.

Edited by lostfan