White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
Still waiting for that awesome fastball to translate into something more than a league average to slightly below average K/9.

still waiting for farnsworth's awesome fastball to translate into something more than a drunk

QUOTE (wsgdf_2 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
jay_jaffe:

"Like Haren, Edwin Jackson's been hurt by AZ defense/bad luck. .321 BABIP. 4.24 SIERA. "

So not only is he in a hitter's park, but it's safe to say AZ's defense is much worse than Sox.

Worth noting...his career BABIP is .309, and that is helped by the .279 he put up in Detroit last season (which helped him to a career year and got Scherzer to detroit). Without that year his career BABIP is probably right around .315.

QUOTE (wsgdf_2 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:41 AM)
jay_jaffe:

"Like Haren, Edwin Jackson's been hurt by AZ defense/bad luck. .321 BABIP. 4.24 SIERA. "

So not only is he in a hitter's park, but it's safe to say AZ's defense is much worse than Sox.

Arziona's bad at everything.

Their infield defense really does suck. Reynolds is a butcher. Kelly Johnson is below average. LaRoche is below average. The only good fielder is Stephen Drew and he's not even that good.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:41 AM)
weren't there rumblings that the bosox could deal ortiz if they fall out of it?

I said this Wednesday in the sleeper thread and got laughed at. Just saying if that happens, I called it.

Maybe manny?

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:33 AM)
I'm not really sure what those stats mean, but I hope they translate to: "Edwin Jackson sucks". Cause thats the truth.

I am only half way through reading all these posts but I am pretty sure this is going to be my favorite...

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
I'm not a b-ball fan so I didn't care at the time but Cowley's tweet has "LeBron to the Bulls"-like disappointment written ALL over it....

That's why I keep thinking that the stuff out there in the twitterverse is 99% B.S. There's no penalty if you start putting names out there and they turn out to be wrong.

OK, I'm going to rip off a poster from the "catch-all" thread since it might be what stalled the Jackson/Hudson deal... Nightengale is reporting KW is going after Brett Myers, maybe he can get Berkman/Myers without Hudson.. sorry Kalapse and Athomeboy!!

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
OK, I'm going to rip off a poster from the "catch-all" thread since it might be what stalled the Jackson/Hudson deal... Nightengale is reporting KW is going after Brett Myers, maybe he can get Berkman/Myers without Hudson

Um, not a chance in hell he gets both without giving up Hudson. For those two, I'd gladly get rid of Hudson, Danks2, Morel, and someone else.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
If this Jackson-Hudson deal actually goes through, we better still get a bat. I'll be pissed as f***ing hell if Kotsay is still our DH come Sunday.

Yep, if it's just Hudson and another prospect for Jackson, and then nothing else happens...that would be just a horrible deal.