White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer whoever was asking earlier, Cowley said the 'world shocker' doesn't mean Jackson to Sox is off.

My understanding is Dunn will be acquired using Jackson + throw in, while Kenny is working on a SP that could be had for Flowers/Morel/prospect/prospect.

QUOTE (Linnwood @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
Just got an email from WhiteSox.com announcing trade. They don't do that for people they intend to flip, right?

who knows, it hasnt really happened before

Has anyone ever thought that MAYBE JUST MAYBE the White Sox are getting some money back for Peavy already this season, they just don't want anyone to know about it?

It would be to their advantage to keep that kind of thing quiet.

Why would JR hold back in signing Damon just to turn around and spend quite a bit on 2 months of Jackson if they weren't in a decent financial position? And you'd have to think SOME money would be coming back from the DBacks if we're giving them 2 prospects.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
It's no coincidence that Jackson was in a three way proposal involving Washington and the Sox earlier.

Do you think its possible that KW really wanted Dunn and the Nationals wouldn't budge so he acquired their main target out of spite?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Do you think its possible that KW really wanted Dunn and the Nationals wouldn't budge so he acquired their main target out of spite?

I think he got Jackson because Washington wanted Jackson and not Hudson.

I don't see Kenny flipping Jackson for another bat. That'd create a massive hole in the #5 spot and the Sox would still be relying on a junkball-throwing reclamation project as their #4. I appreciate what Freddy's done for us this year, but I'm not banking on him to continue putting up the numbers that he has.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
But I believe the Score reported the Dbacks said there is definitely NOT a trade involving Jackson for Dunn???

Actually, the Nats said that.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
I think he got Jackson because Washington wanted Jackson and not Hudson.

Here is what I don't get. If this were really the case... why take the risk of swinging independent trades? Why not do a three party deal all at once?