White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he either turns into a complete stud or the D-Backs gave us money in return, Jackson's 8.5 million next year is going to cripple us.

Odds are, we are going to have over 80 million locked up between the rotation, bullpen, and Rios... how the f*** does that make any sense when we are a team that at the most will have a budget around 110 million, if that?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
If we keep Jackson and get Dunn, we have a World Series built team. Overpay, probably, but it's hard to define anything like that as awful.

I'm still not seeing how Jackson is a signifigant upgrade over Hudson, and while I buy heavily in the nobody knows what the eff is going to happen in the playoffs, we'll still be the worst AL team in them.

Hudon came out of nowhere to establish his value last year; I think it's amazing we got a young veteran pitcher with EJax's potential for simply a Bonus Prospect. a prospect we were never counting on.

Thanks for your amazing 2009 MiLB run Hudson; that little run got us EJax!

I'm happy. :headbang

QUOTE (Soxman72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Does anyone else find it odd that the Sox are not getting any money in return from Arizona? Usually the Sox get money back in a trade and IMO this is a tell that Jackson is going to be move for another player(s).

Thoughts?

Arizona is in terrible shape fiscally, they're in no position to be kicking in cash considerations beyond 2010.

QUOTE (Soxman72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
Does anyone else find it odd that the Sox are not getting any money in return from Arizona? Usually the Sox get money back in a trade and IMO this is a tell that Jackson is going to be move for another player(s).

Thoughts?

That's why everyone doesn't like the deal. I think we're going to get an outfielder .

QUOTE (Soxman72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)

Thoughts?

I am not sure we know that for a fact yet. There may indeed be money.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
There is a lot of rumor noise out there that the Sox are still after a bat to upgrade at DH (or other positions potentially), and that one possible way to do that is to trade Jackson to the Nationals for Dunn in some deal.

Thank you!!! Chase just called me and told me the exact same thing! lol

The problem is if we were so high on Jackson, why didn't we come up with something better than Matt Joyce before 2009?

We might not have guaranteed the playoffs, but it's hard to imagine we wouldn't have made it....then again, the chemistry was completely messed up with our team, hard to know what would have happened, we just know how he pitched as a Tiger.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
@BNightengale - #mlb White Sox have Edwin Jackson included in current trade package for Dunn. If Sox get Dunn, then will try to land Astros' Brett Myers

Myers is a cancer. He's not just a wife beater, but he's a jag to media and everyone.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
That's what I thought, but I don't see any of the tweets that were posted 10 pages back or so about Dunn about to be traded to Sox......

He deleted them from his twitter feed.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
@BNightengale - #mlb White Sox have Edwin Jackson included in current trade package for Dunn. If Sox get Dunn, then will try to land Astros' Brett Myers

The wife-beater? That would piss me off.

I'd love to get Dunn, but Myers is a scumbag and I don't want him near this team.