White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
So the Yankees lineup would look something like Jeter/Swisher/Teixeira/ARod/Cano/Berkman/Posada/Granderson/Gardner. Yikes

Don't worry, Edwin Jackson will take care of them!

(OPS against Jackson, Jeter .960, AROD 1.389, Swisher 1.346, Teixeira 1.000).

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
KW presser at 4:30 per the Score.

I believe this is to reassure the players on the team nothing more will happen and to focus on the game. Why hold a conference if you're expecting another player? He could wait a day to announce Jackson and Dunn if that were the case.

Jackson isn't going anywhere, I'd say. If anything we'll have a minor trade; but definitely nothing approaching Dunn.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
I too wanted Berkman over Dunn.

If most of the media reports are true, it sounds like KW was going all out for Dunn, even over Fielder.

I'm going to be extremely pissed if KW got played by the Nats.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
Jackson isn't going anywhere, I'd say. If anything we'll have a minor trade; but definitely nothing approaching Dunn.

Which would mean that the Kotsay disaster will continue. And we came out of the trading deadline with at best a very marginal upgrade at a position we were deep at, and zero upgrades at the position we've neglected all year.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
I believe this is to reassure the players on the team nothing more will happen and to focus on the game. Why hold a conference if you're expecting another player? He could wait a day to announce Jackson and Dunn if that were the case.

I was about to type the same. He only holds pressers to say they are done.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
Which would mean that the Kotsay disaster will continue. And we came out of the trading deadline with at best a very marginal upgrade at a position we were deep at, and zero upgrades at the position we've neglected all year.

I hate watching Kotsay at DH

I will hate watching him more in the playoffs at DH

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)

And that would pretty much clarify what most of us thought deep down but hoped was not true... that this team was perfectly content with Kotsay at DH even in the middle of a playoff run.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
I hate watching Kotsay at DH

I will hate watching him more in the playoffs at DH

Don't worry, Edwin Jackson will hold the Yankees to 6 runs over 4 innings and we won't need to worry about Kotsay.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
So the Yankees lineup would look something like Jeter/Swisher/Teixeira/ARod/Cano/Berkman/Posada/Granderson/Gardner. Yikes

if the Sox face them in the playoffs would make Danks and MB huge because Berkman is flat out terrible against lefties this year

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Don't worry, Edwin Jackson will take care of them!

(OPS against Jackson, Jeter .960, AROD 1.389, Swisher 1.346, Teixeira 1.000).

I'm sure that Hudson would produce much better results against the Yankees.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Don't worry, Edwin Jackson will hold the Yankees to 6 runs over 4 innings and we won't need to worry about Kotsay.

Kotsay will strand 7 runners and we will lose 6-3

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
And if you look a little deeper than that...that is produced by him having good Augusts in 2007 and 2008. He did not repeat a good August in 2009; July was better than August for him last year. So, he's had 2 good augusts and 1 bad august.

His August numbers are just his best month because he's been flat out bad in every other month...and particularly bad in September.

Meh. The 'bad' August you're referring to was 4.45 ERA in 2009.

So, over his career, his ERA during August is 3.26. Which is not just good 'because other months were bad'.

Hell, let him pitch in August only as far as I'm concerned as long as it helps us THIS August. ;)

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
And if you were signing the checks that may matter.

But the people signing the checks have decided that Edwin Jackson is worth 15x more than Hudson.

Probably because 15x0 is still 0.

So, you're saying that both Hudson and Jackson are totally worthless?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
If most of the media reports are true, it sounds like KW was going all out for Dunn, even over Fielder.

I'm going to be extremely pissed if KW got played by the Nats.

except nobody really knows how serious Milwaukee is about moving him this season as opposed to the offseason where they could let a team negotiate an extension thus making him potentially more valuable or what Milwaukee would have wanted, possibly Milwaukee said 2 out of Hudson, Beckham and Viciedo and no window to talk extension...

Also "played" that came up with the Bulls a lot during FA and it makes no sense, to me it's insulting to the White Sox, JR and KW... They have a clue about what other teams are doing and they've done to other teams in the past, that makes it sound like they're ignorant a-holes who have no idea how to run a MLB franchise.

Anyone worried that since his 150 pitch no-hitter Jackson's gotten rocked every time out? I'm not going to treat pitch counts like the end all, but that's a lot of pitches. Reminds me of the time when Dusty or Felipe Alou had Jason Schmidt throw 140+ pitches to get a win only to have him be ineffective for the rest of the season and require surgery later that year.

Poor Jackson... dude just can't stay in one place for more than a year it seems.

Good luck to Huddy. I'll be rooting for him.

Hopefully Cooper sees something that can make Jackson as highly touted as once before as he LOVES the guy.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Anyone worried that since his 150 pitch no-hitter Jackson's gotten rocked every time out? I'm not going to treat pitch counts like the end all, but that's a lot of pitches. Reminds me of the time when Dusty or Felipe Alou had Jason Schmidt throw 140+ pitches to get a win only to have him be ineffective for the rest of the season and require surgery later that year.

his FB has been clocked exactly the same, but I know that doesn't mean it hasn't effected is breaking stuff in some way.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
And if you were signing the checks that may matter.

But the people signing the checks have decided that Edwin Jackson is worth 15x more than Hudson.

Probably because 15x0 is still 0.

So what you're saying is you'd rather pay exponentially more for the same bad production...