White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Rizzo really is a douche.

Nobody's going to want to deal with him from here on out.

He basically drove Jackson's price up and then said, oh wait.

f***er...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
Nobody's going to want to deal with him from here on out.

He basically drove Jackson's price up and then said, oh wait.

f***er...

I don't think that Kenny would've traded for Jackson if he wasn't prepared to be stuck with him.

Call me crazy, but i'm seeing tonights game as showcase game for the Nats. Rizzo made it clear Huddy wasn't what they were looking for (with him and Strasburg having injury prone wind ups). I could see KW saying pick any minor leaguer you have interest in and well show case him for you Friday. With Viciedo playing (yes I know against a lefty) and Santos coming in last inning to start the inning against a lefty with Threets warming. I could see a Viciedo 1B, Morel 2B (Guzman was traded), Harrel, D2, and/or Santos for Dunn with us keeping EJax. Sale moves into the bullpen in a few weeks.

Granted this would be based on Dunn signing an extension. It's a lot but we know Rizzo wants a lot.

For me Viciedo is UNTOUCHABLE the tank is legit

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
Call me crazy, but i'm seeing tonights game as showcase game for the Nats. Rizzo made it clear Huddy wasn't what they were looking for (with him and Strasburg having injury prone wind ups). I could see KW saying pick any minor leaguer you have interest in and well show case him for you Friday. With Viciedo playing (yes I know against a lefty) and Santos coming in last inning to start the inning against a lefty with Threets warming. I could see a Viciedo 1B, Morel 2B (Guzman was traded), Harrel, D2, and/or Santos for Dunn with us keeping EJax. Sale moves into the bullpen in a few weeks.

Granted this would be based on Dunn signing an extension. It's slot but we know Rizzo wants a lot.

For me Viciedo is UNTOUCHABLE the tank is legit

That would be ass rape by Rizzo and the Nats.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
I don't think that Kenny would've traded for Jackson if he wasn't prepared to be stuck with him.

Lets hope that is the case or otherwise KW is an incompetent GM who needs to be fired this instant. If you are going to make a 3 way trade, you better make it all at the same time and not give another team a chance to back out.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)
This is Mr. big gamble we're talking about here.

This is also a guy who's been around the block before and knows the type of underhanded crap that some GMs pull. If Kenny wanted Dunn and no part of Jackson, he most likely would've pushed for a three-way trade.

It's not crazy to think that Kenny wanted to improve the #5 rotation spot and that's it. They just lost their ace, after all. While Jackson is maybe a marginal upgrade over Hudson, he's still an upgrade for this season. It's also not unfathomable that the Sox have been publicly talking up Hudson to set up a trade because there's something that they don't like about him (mechanics, work ethic, etc.).

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
That would be ass rape by Rizzo and the Nats.

that's exactly what Rizzo wants from a team. To have them walking away head down and tail in between their legs. Like Rizzo has said, Dunn is too important to the fans,players, and staff in Washington. Rizzo loves to draft and i think he is fine with the picks if Dunn does walk.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
that's exactly what Rizzo wants from a team. To have them walking away head down and tail in between their legs. Like Rizzo has said, Dunn is too important to the fans,players, and staff in Washington. Rizzo loves to draft and i think he is fine with the picks if Dunn does walk.

And when Rizzo demands that, that is when you say get real and stop wasting my time and hang up the phone.

If we can get Dunn AND keep Jackson, and Coop really can work his magic with him, I think the White Sox would have to be seen as a legitimate threat to the Yanks. I'd let the Nationals have whatever they want for Dunn. I'd give up Viciedo and any other minor leaguer.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:39 AM)
If we can get Dunn AND keep Jackson, and Coop really can work his magic with him, I think the White Sox would have to be seen as a legitimate threat to the Yanks. I'd let the Nationals have whatever they want for Dunn. I'd give up Viciedo and any other minor leaguer.

Wow, you really think highly of getting Dunn then... or you don't have as big of a hard on for Viciedo as I do. =D

Who's to say Viciedo might not become an even better hitter someday than Dunn?

The guy just rakes line drives all around the park, why would we want to pay Dunn $45 million for 3 years AND give up Viciedo?

If we keep Jackson, we have to get some lower cost players in the line-up SOMEWHERE.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Who's to say Viciedo might not become an even better hitter someday than Dunn?

The guy just rakes line drives all around the park, why would we want to pay Dunn $45 million for 3 years AND give up Viciedo?

If we keep Jackson, we have to get some lower cost players in the line-up SOMEWHERE.

Yeah, just give up a decent minor leaguer for adam laroche for a much lower price. i love dunn and everything he brings to the table but laroche makes alot of sense.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Luke Scott would make too much sense, wouldn't he?

yup or him...there are too many other power hitting lefties to make a dunn deal be an all or nothing. we have other options for the LH power bat available via trade.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:50 AM)
Wow, you really think highly of getting Dunn then... or you don't have as big of a hard on for Viciedo as I do. =D

Exactly! Please don't move Tank for a damn rental player. This guy screams big league hitter. And he hasn't looked over matched at the dish that I remember.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)

Actually I think very highly of Viciedo. I think he'll be a right handed David Ortiz - in a couple of years. But I wanna win it all this year. The team is built to win this year. With Dunn in the middle of that line up and the pitching staff performing like they are right now, the White Sox are going to be HARD to beat.

I don't think the Sox trade Viciedo. He looks too legit, Hawk had said multiple time Beckham an Viciedo will be the faces of the franchise for a long time. I know Hawk is a homer but he has been around a long time and knows when a player has a chance to be great.

I think Dunn would be great for us. But at this point I woul be upset, very upset if we trade EJax or Viciedo in the next few hours. Other than them have your pick, I know it's slim but too bad. I'd be plenty satisfied with a Brad Hawpe or Bautista who will cost much leas IMO.