White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
I rather see the Sox get someone else. If we can add a bat and Jackson, then I'll be happy.

That's the boat I'm in too. We must add that bat. Jackson's season has been pretty crappy, can we play the "coop can fix him" card?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
Uhmm.....no thanks.

Then I take it you're fine with Garcia/Hudson rounding out the rotation? And I don't want to trade Hudson. But if we could get Jackson without giving up Hudson I'd be pretty pleased. Jackson has been pretty hit or miss this year. But he consistently hits 95 MPH with his FB and his slider is + when it's on. He's actually been pretty good in his last 15 starts: 4.24 ERA, .247 BAA, 7.67 K/9. The walks are obviously what's hindered him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
Then I take it you're fine with Garcia/Hudson rounding out the rotation? And I don't want to trade Hudson. But if we could get Jackson without giving up Hudson I'd be pretty pleased. Jackson has been pretty hit or miss this year. But he consistently hits 95 MPH with his FB and his slider is + when it's on. He's actually been pretty good in his last 15 starts: 4.24 ERA, .247 BAA, 7.67 K/9. The walks are obviously what's hindered him.

I mean, just like Ted Lilly, if we are getting him so we can then get a bat, then fine. But if we are getting Jackson without the intent of adding a big bat, then nevermind. I'm just not an Edwin Jackson fan. Even when he throws a no-hitter he looks pretty unimpressive doing it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
MLBtraderumors brings up a good point about the Sox possibly trying to get Jackson just to flip him to the Nats for Dunn. It was either Olney or Rosenthal who said today that nobody may like a certain player more than the Nationals love Jackson.

"Their intent in adding Jackson would be to keep him, not flip him to the Nationals for Dunn."

I would also like to flip him but it doesn't seem to be the case. He was really solid on the Rays and Tigers I think he suffers from having nothing to play for in AZ. This would also be a great way for Kenny to tell Rizzo to stick it. It's pretty clear KW wants Dunn and has for a while and WAS has wanted Jackson. I'm not saying it's the sole reason KW would acquire him but it'd still be sweet for KW I'm sure. And he's fit in great this year and next, 11' roto: Buerhle/Peavy/Danks/Floyd/Jackson.

But I still would have to see a bat added to really be satisfied with a move like this, like everyone else it seems.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:19 AM)
Rosenthal:

#WhiteSox in serious discussions for Edwin Jackson. Would send RHP Daniel Hudson and a prospect to #Diamondbacks. Story on site soon. #MLB 7 minutes ago via web

I sure as hell hope not.

Oh f*** no.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:19 AM)
Rosenthal:

#WhiteSox in serious discussions for Edwin Jackson. Would send RHP Daniel Hudson and a prospect to #Diamondbacks. Story on site soon. #MLB 7 minutes ago via web

I sure as hell hope not.

It better not be Hudson. That trade just does not look good for us.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:06 AM)
If you can add him without sending Hudson, you can swing Hudson for a nice bat. I dont really understand Jackson as a target though. Thats a pricey rotation.

I'm all for it as long as it doesn't involve Hudson. I'm also not so sure it has to. AZ could use bullpen help. I'd love it if they could acquire EJ and then dangle Hudson for a big bat. My 1st choice would be Werth. But what if KW really stuck it to Rizzo and acquired Dunn and Jackson?

And to those saying he'll be expensive next year, who's to assume he won't get traded in the offseason. After teams overpay/lose out to free agency they'll frantically look into trading for a reasonably priced SP. It'll only benefit the White Sox, but only if Hudson isn't included. Since, IMO, Hudson has more value than EJ. Edwin Jackson and Jayson Werth to the South Side by Saturday, I've got my fingers crossed.

Edited by pktmotion

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:21 AM)
I'm all for it as long as it doesn't involve Hudson. I'm also not so sure it has to. AZ could use bullpen help. I'd love it if they could acquire EJ and then dangle Hudson for a big bat. My 1st choice would be Werth. But what if KW really stuck it to Rizzo and acquired Dunn and Jackson?

And to those saying he'll be expensive next year, who's to assume he won't get traded in the offseason. After teams overpay/lose out to free agency they'll frantically look into trading for a reasonably priced SP. It'll only benefit the White Sox, but only if Hudson isn't included. Since, IMO, Hudson has more value than EJ. Edwin Jackson and Jayson Werth to the South Side by Saturday, I've got my fingers crossed.

There's no possible way we got both Jackson and Dunn. They want Hudson and more. If we move Hudson for Jackson, then what?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
There's no possible way we got both Jackson and Dunn. They want Hudson and more. If we move Hudson for Jackson, then what?

I was running on the possibility it wouldn't take Hudson to get EJ. Then using Hudson/+ another prospect to get Dunn.

Hudson for EJ ,straight, is a bad trade for us. Hudson has the same ceiling as EJ, and is under team control for longer and cheaper. Hudson could be used to reel in someone bigger than EJ

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)
I was running on the possibility it wouldn't take Hudson to get EJ. Then using Hudson/+ another prospect to get Dunn.

Hudson for EJ ,straight, is a bad trade for us. Hudson has the same ceiling as EJ, and is under team control for longer and cheaper. Hudson could be used to reel in someone bigger than EJ

This all just feels a little weird. I'm not used to White Sox trades being reported before it happens.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)

Its kind of a lateral move but I know Jackson has more experience but Hudson can be good and still cheap.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)
I'm actually okay with Jackson for Huddy+prospect. Jackson is young and has good stuff, he is a typical coop can fix him pitcher.

And I love this even more because KW is saying F U to Rizzo

Age doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot when he's only under team control for 1 more year and is already expensive ($8.35M), it's not like we're picking him up with 2 years of service time, he's being paid like a proven veteran not a young project.

I'm not giving up 6.3 years of Hudson (3-4 cheap years) for 1.3 years of Jackson when Hudson could easily be a mid 4 FIP pitcher the rest of this season and next at 400K.