White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:32 AM)
Ya, because I clearly think that is a feasible possibility.

Sorry, I've seen enough ridiculous proposals from posters who weren't kidding, I almost rule out the sarcastic ones.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
It's up on FoxSports.

Sox on the verge of landing Jackson

This is going to be such a dumb move if Hudson's involved. I'm not against trading for EJ, since I said SP can always be used as offseason tradebait.

But for crying out loud, Oswalt went to the Phillies for Happ/Gose?/Villar? and Houston kicked in $11 M. Kenny, be smart don't be a retard.

I don't really get it. Why the hell not just move Hudson and more for Haren?

Here's a couple scenarios going through my head based on how the Sox do things....

1.) The price for Dunn was Hudson + 1 of Flowers/Danks/Morel. The Sox really like those 3 guys and can get Jackson for Hudson and a lesser prospect, in which case they flip Jackson for Dunn and get him "cheaper."

2.) They keep Jackson and Williams believes he can be dominant based on his stuff + extensive discussions with Don Cooper who has persuaded the FO that he can make something great out of Jackson.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
No, no, no, no, no. Not Hudson + prospect. I wouldn't even do Hudson for Jackson straight up.

But I guess if the Nats want Jackson + prospect (non Morel), then I guess I'd do it if it meant our total loss was no more than Hudson + Flowers + Danks + low level guys. No Viciedo or Morel in either trade.

You have a weird obsession with Morel it seems. Because from reading all these threads I don't think you'd trade him for Pujols.

Also trading Hudson for Jackson would be a mistake for the reasons everyone else has already covered.

Not sure what to think of this, but if the Sox DO move Hudson, it's going to have to be for a SP with Peavy out.

I'm also getting the impression that the Sox aren't as high on Hudson as they've led us to believe. Especially considering that Jackson is having a pretty crappy year and has had his share of mediocre/poor seasons over the course of his career.

As if you're not all freaked out already there's this:

Jackson over his last 5 starts since his 149 pitch no hitter:

27.1 IP, 19K/15BB, 7.24 ERA, 1.94 WHIP .330/.412/.496/.908

Scary, scary stuff. Please, please, please don't let this happen.

I'll say this.. Don Cooper LOVES Edwin Jackson. Not like... Loves the guy. Maybe he sees something he wants to tweak. And looking at that 149 pitch no-hitter Kal posted... ya... not good. I'm Huddy's biggest fan and would hate to see him go in any case.. but def. not for Jackson.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
Not sure what to think of this, but if the Sox DO move Hudson, it's going to have to be for a SP with Peavy out.

I'm also getting the impression that the Sox aren't as high on Hudson as they've led us to believe. Especially considering that Jackson is having a pretty crappy year and has had his share of mediocre/poor seasons over the course of his career.

I dunno, they seemed to be very high on him from everything that has been in the papers and from the little the mentioned him in The Club. They moved him through the minors very quickly.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
I dunno, they seemed to be very high on him from everything that has been in the papers and from the little the mentioned him in The Club. They moved him through the minors very quickly.

Keep in mind that what officially comes out of the Sox front office is intended to serve the interests of the organization, and not necessarily to reflect reality. They very well may have been talking up Hudson to increase his trade value. And if they're willing to trade him for a veteran in the middle of a really bad year and with a prior history of bad years, you have to wonder what they really think of Hudson.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)
I'm cool with this as long as Hudson is not involved.

Jackson-for-Hudson seems like a lateral move to me. I don't see the point, especially with Hudson being a lot cheaper for the next few years.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:41 AM)
You have a weird obsession with Morel it seems. Because from reading all these threads I don't think you'd trade him for Pujols.

Also trading Hudson for Jackson would be a mistake for the reasons everyone else has already covered.

Not wanting to trade Morel in an Edwin Jackson deal is completely reasonable, but don't compare Edwin Jackson to Albert Pujols.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:59 AM)
Jackson-for-Hudson seems like a lateral move to me. I don't see the point, especially with Hudson being a lot cheaper for the next few years.

Exactly. But looking ahead to 2011, wow. Peavy (hopefully healthy), Danks, Floyd, Jackson, Buehrle with Hudson/Sale waiting in the wings. Me likes.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)
Not wanting to trade Morel in an Edwin Jackson deal is completely reasonable, but don't compare Edwin Jackson to Albert Pujols.

No necessarily this deal, but everything I read from you makes it seems like Morel should be completely untouchable which is odd because he isn't a cant miss prospect.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:02 AM)
Exactly. But looking ahead to 2011, wow. Peavy (hopefully healthy), Danks, Floyd, Jackson, Buehrle with Hudson/Sale waiting in the wings. Me likes.

Except you have to pay Jackson 8.35 million.