White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

The Jackson move doesnt look to be a flip at this point. That would mean the Sox would have a rotation of: Danks, Floyd, Peavy, MB and Jackson next year.

That just seems like way to much salary for pitching. Floyd, Peavy and MB are locked up long term. If Jackson isnt moving, that would leave Danks (who hasnt signed an extension).

If you could get an offensive beast and a solid pitcher for him, would you do it?

I just am unsure how else the Sox are going to make a big move.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
I like this Jackson trade. He's got great stuff and he's 26. He's not as bad as his ERA indicates. 4.27 FIP, .318 BABIP. His fly ball rate is only 30%. People overrated Hudson on this board, he was a no. 3 starter-at best.

Ok and what is Jackson? a number 4 starter? and he costs about $8M more per year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
Let's bring up another name.

Daniel Cortes, or we can add Tyler Lumsden in for good measure.

I remember when he was supposed to be around a Top 45-55 prospect in all of MILB. Hudson never came close to that level with most talent evaluators, let's be honest.

You're trying to argue that KW does a good job of pitching evaluation by bringing up the trade for Mike Macdougal?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
People can say that Hudson is overrated all they want but the point is that this is an extreme over pay no matter how the f*** you look at it and there's absolutely no denying that.

This trade blows.

This board is full of hypocrites. Everybody (including me) wanted Javy Vazquez decapitated two years ago. Now we get his clone and it's a great move.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
This board is full of hypocrites. Everybody (including me) wanted Javy Vazquez decapitated two years ago. Now we get his clone and it's a great move.

I always thought Peavy was the white Javy Vazquez.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
People can say that Hudson is overrated all they want but the point is that this is an extreme over pay no matter how the f*** you look at it and there's absolutely no denying that.

This trade blows.

Edwin Jackson has career a 1.51 WHIP in over 800 IP. I'd say that he's the overrated one.

And even if Hudson is overrated, Jackson won't be filling our need for a cheap back-of-the-rotation pitcher for the next 3+ years.

This trade blows.

Edwin Jackson has career a 1.51 WHIP in over 800 IP. I'd say that he's the overrated one.

And even if Hudson is overrated, Jackson won't be filling our need for a cheap back-of-the-rotation pitcher for the next 3+ years.

This trade blows.

Jackson isn't a great move.

If he stays, it does give us a MUCH better chance at reaching the post-season, and it adds one more pitcher in depth that could actually start a playoff game...as great as Freddy has been, I'm assuming nobody wants him starting Game 4 in NY or Tampa Bay.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
Jackson isn't a great move.

If he stays, it does give us a MUCH better chance at reaching the post-season, and it adds one more pitcher in depth that could actually start a playoff game...as great as Freddy has been, I'm assuming nobody wants him starting Game 4 in NY or Tampa Bay.

And at this point nobody wants Edwin Jackson starting that game either.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
I like this Jackson trade. He's got great stuff and he's 26. He's not as bad as his ERA indicates. 4.27 FIP, .318 BABIP. His fly ball rate is only 30%. People overrated Hudson on this board, he was a no. 3 starter-at best.

No way! No one on SoxTalk overrates our prospects. Hudson was going to easily be the next big thing, obviously.

But yes, I DO think we overpaid, but not the blasphemous amount most here do.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
i love how ESPN has an article on how Boston is a boring team on the front page rather than anything on the trade deadline. Top Notch

What else would ESPN focus on, they are an extension of NESN. Thank God for MLB Network.