White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Even if there is something else going on, this is still a bad trade. Someone else would have to make a worse trade to us involving Jackson in order for this to look good.

I am with you. I wouldnt trade Hudson for Jackson, let alone adding another prospect. Not that I think Holmberg is anything outstanding but he could still be a servicable pitcher.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
In the other thread, Russ, name the other teams that have been as active as the White Sox have been over the past 6-7 years in getting big players that become available. This is some fantasy you seem to have that there are other teams out there constantly loaded with prospects and acquiring veteran all-stars every year simply with a wave of their magic wand.

I dont expect the Sox to make a move on every big name player out there, thats not what I am arguing. Im saying that the Sox need a better farm system so when they need to make a move like going after Cabrera, Dunn, Fielder, they can do so with prospects left over to help the team in the future still.

You cannot deny that next season the Sox will have a lot of holes to fill with a limited payroll, and all of a sudden youre looking at 2007 again.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
I dont expect the Sox to make a move on every big name player out there, thats not what I am arguing. Im saying that the Sox need a better farm system so when they need to make a move like going after Cabrera, Dunn, Fielder, they can do so with prospects left over to help the team in the future still.

You cannot deny that next season the Sox will have a lot of holes to fill with a limited payroll, and all of a sudden youre looking at 2007 again.

How did we so quickly have a chance to fall back to 2007 again? I thought in 2007 we were dooming ourselves to years and years of nothing but horrible baseball, because our system was devoid of any talent whatsoever?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
The Jackson trade is what it is.

Hudson obviously was unable to land us a better cheaper pitcher, so the Sox got what they could.

Would I rather have Jackson for the rest of the season than Hudson?

Yes

So the trade isnt bad for the Sox no matter how you much doom and gloom people want to say.

I legitimately think Hudson would have out performed EJax the rest of the season. That is straight up opinion, and a few stats can back it up, but its all an estimation. You feel differently, thats okay, but that doesnt mean Im spreading doom and gloom.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
I'm worse. I have work I need to do, but I can't focus at all.

I'm still sitting around in my Valdosta state basketball shorts and a White Sox shirt Chase sent me! haha ..I should be at the grocery store or doing something productive ..BUT I can't leave this.

So now we've flopped Jackson for Hudson. In reality that is not too bad.

But ... if we trade Jackson now and don't get anything good, we have a big hole in our rotation.

As of now, it's not been a horrible day trade wise. It could get bad, however, if we are stuck with Torres or somebody as No. 4 and Freddy No. 5.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)

Thats why they are gonna trade for Adam Dunn and win the World Series! Then a rough year like 2007 will be much easier to handle next season.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
I'm still sitting around in my Valdosta state basketball shorts and a White Sox shirt Chase sent me! haha ..I should be at the grocery store or doing something productive ..BUT I can't leave this.

More about these shorts you speak of....... :ph34r:

Totally kidding. LOL

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
Guzman may have been moved to make way for Morel. Most scouts think he makes a better 2nd basemen.

If Morel and Ejax are going for Dunn, I'd be pissed.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Somebody needs to pull up some old Javy threads. I can't believe people are supporting this abomination of a trade.

The only way this trade isn't bad is if we can ship Jackson and some no name prospect (or two) for Dunn. Otherwise, this trade is an abomination. The only other way it isn't, at least for this season, is if Coop works some serious magic, really fast.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
How did we so quickly have a chance to fall back to 2007 again? I thought in 2007 we were dooming ourselves to years and years of nothing but horrible baseball, because our system was devoid of any talent whatsoever?

We would have a hole at:

C

1b

3b (teahen is not the answer)

CL

Set up man

Then you have the bench to fill out. And you already have $85ish committed (with arb raises), and if we even get up to $110 mill in payroll I dont think we can fit in enough highly talented players to make a competitive team.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
From a Nats beat writer:

Adam kennedy at 2B for Nats tonight. Dunn still on lineup sheet in clubhouse less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

=O

Hmmmmmmm

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
So now we've flopped Jackson for Hudson. In reality that is not too bad.

But ... if we trade Jackson now and don't get anything good, we have a big hole in our rotation.

As of now, it's not been a horrible day trade wise. It could get bad, however, if we are stuck with Torres or somebody as No. 4 and Freddy No. 5.

You don't have to worry about that. The only person Jackson will be traded for is that big powerful lefty in DC.