White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
If you want a bat Viciedo is going to be traded. The system isn't deep enough to avoid that.

Trading away 21 year olds with >.820 OPS's in the big leagues for bats is not the smartest move I can come up with.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
an .820 OPS with zero walks. I'm not really sure that's impressive or bats*** crazy.

It's both. The BB will come in time, part of that though is he needs the pitchers to be afraid enough of him to stay the Hell out of the zone (Vlad style).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
It's both. The BB will come in time, part of that though is he needs the pitchers to be afraid enough of him to stay the Hell out of the zone (Vlad style).

I've been pleasantly surprised by his lack of wild swings, I thought he would be Juan up there, he has laid off some good breaking balls in his limited ABs

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
What if they offered Dunn + Livan Hernandez for Jackson, Viciedo, and Danks2. Would you do it?

Hell no. The Sox dont need to trade any more prospects. This power hitter could of been signed the last two Winters for no prospects. (Matsui, Vlad, Dunn, Thome, Manny, Abreu, Damon, BYRD)

When you can say things like that about a player it becomes pretty obvious you dont just trade him for a rental.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
I've been pleasantly surprised by his lack of wild swings, I thought he would be Juan up there, he has laid off some good breaking balls in his limited ABs

That's how he was in the minors too. He wasn't squaring up pitches last year so he didn't really intimidate people, but he gradually started taking BB's. He'll take the walk if people aren't going to pitch to him, but if you give him something in the zone, it's either in play or foul.