White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
if hudson and holmberg for jackson was the only move this trade deadline... that is a total failure in my opinion.

Kenny never gets his guy until they're at least 37 or 38 years old, or on the DL at the time of the trade/claim

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
Too much cash. If they were only willing to throw $1 million now, they aren't going to want to throw a lot more than that for a shorter period of time.

From my understanding they were willing to throw all but 1 million.

Gotta believe that KW and co. did everything they could to make things materialize but couldn't make it happen due to other GMs unreasonable demands and also players being unwilling to be traded here.

We're gonna see what we're made of here - hopefully Vicedio is in at DH for the rest of the way and we see Kotsay break his toe nail.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
I never want to hear "Don't worry, good ol' Kenny will get us what we need at the deadline" ever again.

August 30th is the deadline.

Why can't people f***ing understand this?

We needed pitching before at bat when Peavy went donw.

Edited by AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Why?

There's still another month.

I've been saying this for the past 48 hours. It was simple, we either give up Viciedo to get Dunn or Manny, or we wait to claim someone through waivers.

I'll take the waiver route, and for all the people complaining about trading Hudson, they should be glad that Kenny didn't pull the trigger and give up Viciedo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
I actually think you hate Ranger more than I hate Cowley, which is saying something.

At least with Cowley, no one actually lets him dictate how they feel. It scares me the amount of people that take Rongey's words as intelligent.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
And I don't really want to hear you guys whine and cry about it anymore either.

Looks like we're both s*** out of luck.

You are in the wrong place then... This is either going to keep going until we clinch the division, or for years if we don't.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Why?

There's still another month.

I've been saying this for the past 48 hours. It was simple, we either give up Viciedo to get Dunn or Manny, or we wait to claim someone through waivers.

I'll take the waiver route, and for all the people complaining about trading Hudson, they should be glad that Kenny didn't pull the trigger and give up Viciedo.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
August 30th is the deadline.

Why can't people f***ing understand this?

It is more difficult to make a trade you want via the waiver deadline period than simply making the trade before the deadline on the 31st.