White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
That's where it all comes down to how desperate are the McCourts to get out of that $15 million, how much can KW offer, how much of it will be deferred and how much in "present dollars" (would the Sox give up) and would there be any prospects going to the Dodgers.

They have to give the Dodgers SOMETHING, it can't just be a monetary transaction.

PTBNL. Honestly it would be a salary dump.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
That's where it all comes down to how desperate are the McCourts to get out of that $15 million, how much can KW offer, how much of it will be deferred and how much in "present dollars" (would the Sox give up) and would there be any prospects going to the Dodgers.

They have to give the Dodgers SOMETHING, it can't just be a monetary transaction.

Hell, give them two prospected and pay 2 months worth of 20M or whatever Dodgers owe him. Nothing more.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)

Tomorrow though it could be just monetary, if the Sox try to grab him off of waivers.

The Commissioner has to approve any deal that the Dodgers pick up any more than $1 million of the deal. If the Sox assume all of it, they could just claim him on waivers tomorrow.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
So if you're the White Sox, does giving the McCourts $5 million right now, today, cash on the table...and Chase Blackwood, get you Manny Ramirez for two months?

If it did, it'd already have been done.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)
But can you imagine the reaction of the average fan to them giving away Manny for nothing? They don't know about Manny's contract status like some of us do.

They have to get somebody worthwhile back. This has a lot of PR implications to it I imagine.

The divorce that is at the center of the Dodgers true PR debacle is probably what would really drive this deal. I really dont think LA fans would be up in arms if they dumped Manny for nothing, he hasnt played all that much and he hasnt translated to a world series victory. They may work out a deal for a prospect, but I think getting out from under the financial obligation would be ideal for McCourt

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
So if you're the White Sox, does giving the McCourts $5 million right now, today, cash on the table...and Chase Blackwood, get you Manny Ramirez for two months?

lol at least Chase would be closer to home (maybe).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
The divorce that is at the center of the Dodgers true PR debacle is probably what would really drive this deal. I really dont think LA fans would be up in arms if they dumped Manny for nothing, he hasnt played all that much and he hasnt translated to a world series victory. They may work out a deal for a prospect, but I think getting out from under the financial obligation would be ideal for McCourt

I'm sure the Dodgers would love to do it, I've said that, but they'd love it even more if they can get a decent prospect back. Give them Brent Morel at most I say.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:31 AM)
If we gave them Kotsay and CASH, would that be enough to get the deal done? JUST KIDDING.

I think Ozzie might have a heart attack if KW traded his beloved TMK.

LOL this would be awesome. I dont think Ozzie would care too much, I think him and ManRam are friends

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
FSN.com has an article that this is dead, is there a source saying it's still ongoing?

Since that article was reported - there have been talks that it could be revived.