cwsox

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after conversations with the soxtalk exalted ones,

one of whom has been thinking of doing this for as long as I have

The details not worked out yet but give a little time - be a little patient -

it would probably be a no trash zone for real conversation and a trash talk zone for those who love to do that -

maybe that can't be done, but we are looking at all of the possibilities ---- watch this space for further announcements ---

(anyone know the first game of the season, date and time and who?)

my idea, I want to do it - you planning to shot me?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: If so, the line is forming on the far right....  But you have to shoot me to keep me from working on my own idea which is what this thread was originally floated for - thought soxheads wouyld be a natural since he is such a big college fan - didn't know you were- but I add your name to my conversations with Jas et. al. -

not sure we need a separate politics forum - if we sift everything out of offf topic, we'll have more forums than are workable and then we'll debates over whether something belongs here or there - the political threads all seem to be labeled clearly so people can avoid or jump in as they wish - just my personal thought

Nah, I was just offering to help.

my idea, I want to do it - you planning to shot me?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: If so, the line is forming on the far right....  But you have to shoot me to keep me from working on my own idea which is what this thread was originally floated for - thought soxheads wouyld be a natural since he is such a big college fan - didn't know you were- but I add your name to my conversations with Jas et. al. -

not sure we need a separate politics forum - if we sift everything out of offf topic, we'll have more forums than are workable and then we'll debates over whether something belongs here or there - the political threads all seem to be labeled clearly so people can avoid or jump in as they wish - just my personal thought

Nah, I was just offering to help.

HANDS OFF!! it Was HIS idea afterall. :rolleyes:

I like so many people responding that they will update!

I can pin the college football updates so we can stay on top of the reports on various teams, conferances, deep thoughts and observations, etc., and all I ask is that for the trash talk bashing, we keep that in separate threads so we don't get way-laid in the news/info thread.

I think it will fun for all of us who follow NCAA football!

Cw through are previous talk you like Mich and I like Illini and are both fans of the big ten but, I follow all conferences and matchups look forward in talking some college football with you and other interested parties...PS I hate the ND they were scared to come to the big ten because there ass would be lucky to finish .500 every year and not play Navy and other weak ass teams every year.

Soxfest, pretty ignorant comment

We have one of the toughest schedules, as we do every single year. We play Navy every year, that's basically our only creampuff, sometimes Rutgers. Look at our schedule this year

The reason we aren't in the Big Ten isn't "afraid". It's money, plain and simple. WE have our own TV deal, we make bowls almost every year, why should we join the Big Ten and share all the money we make? It makes no sense. It's about money, not fear. Don't be so ignorant. Besides, we'd be one of the better teams in the Big Ten year in and year out, and our schedule this year is tougher than a regular big ten schedule...please buddy

You are the one who is ignorant, there schedule last year was terrible 3 tough games all year what the hell 4/6 home games to start the year. This years is tougher , i will give you that. ND would be lucky to go .500 in Big Ten conference instead of Navy, Bc, Rutgers they would play Ohio st , Penn st, Wisc every year. Maybe the can score this year they were horrid scoring in 02. f*** the Tarnished Dome

Michigan DB charged with felony assault

Looks like this could be a pretty big loss for the Wolverines defense.

What are your thoughts on this cwsox?

would be a huge loss -

and Marlin has the rep of being a great guy - but then who knows -

the system will have to sort this out -

without having a clue to any facts - there is nothing more in today's papers than what you have posted - and having heard nothing from Ann Arbor off the record, I can only have no opinion excpet that I hope that what is right here happens

I like so many people responding that they will update!

I can pin the college football updates so we can stay on top of the reports on various teams, conferances, deep thoughts and observations, etc., and all I ask is that for the trash talk bashing, we keep that in separate threads so we don't get way-laid in the news/info thread.

I think it will fun for all of us who follow NCAA football!

Cw through are previous talk you like Mich and I like Illini and are both fans of the big ten but, I follow all conferences and matchups look forward in talking some college football with you and other interested parties...PS I hate the ND they were scared to come to the big ten because there ass would be lucky to finish .500 every year and not play Navy and other weak ass teams every year.

Soxfest, pretty ignorant comment

We have one of the toughest schedules, as we do every single year. We play Navy every year, that's basically our only creampuff, sometimes Rutgers. Look at our schedule this year

The reason we aren't in the Big Ten isn't "afraid". It's money, plain and simple. WE have our own TV deal, we make bowls almost every year, why should we join the Big Ten and share all the money we make? It makes no sense. It's about money, not fear. Don't be so ignorant. Besides, we'd be one of the better teams in the Big Ten year in and year out, and our schedule this year is tougher than a regular big ten schedule...please buddy

You are the one who is ignorant, there schedule last year was terrible 3 tough games all year what the hell 4/6 home games to start the year. This years is tougher , i will give you that. ND would be lucky to go .500 in Big Ten conference instead of Navy, Bc, Rutgers they would play Ohio st , Penn st, Wisc every year. Maybe the can score this year they were horrid scoring in 02. f*** the Tarnished Dome

Again you show your prevailing ignorance -

ND's schedule is tough every single year, and you probly don't even know why in the hell we play Navy every year, do you? If you don't you have some learning to do buddy. Why don't you go check that out

If you look at sporting news our schedule is in the top 10 toughest this year as it is almost every single year. We play purdue, msu, michigan, usc every damn year. We've played FSU the past 2. Wash St. this year. Oh, and we wouldn't play wisc, osu, penn st every year...every notice how the big ten schedule rotates? Illinois doesn't even play OSU this year. So get a clue about how the big ten schedule works. And, i'm sure Nd would just absolutely fear playing northwestern, indiana, illinois, minnesota, and iowa "every year". Please. We already play all the good teams in the big ten minus OSU and penn st. And if you don't like last year's schedule, how about you go look at the past 10 years schedules and get back to me on that.

You are very ignorant to the facts here, that's for sure. For the team that has the most championships and the most heisman winners of every school (go look that up to), you are trying to tell me they'd get killed in the Big Ten? Please buddy, please.

And way to work around the whole reason that they aren't in the Big Ten. Now you know why they aren't in the Big Ten, thanks for playing.

With all the talk of tough schedules, here's the rankings according to CFN.

Schedule Strength

I am no Notre Dame fan, trust me. But, they do consistently have one of the tougher schedules in college football.

However, you never can never truly rank how tough each team's schedule is because some teams that are supposed to be good may not meet expectations.

So the question is: Will MSU go 6-6? Will they be Silicon Valley bound again? Will the cokehead QB make his grand return?

Who knows? John L Smith knows.

So the question is: Will MSU go 6-6?

if they are lucky - flip answer - real answer, 6-6 or 7-6 is possible

Will they be Silicon Valley bound again?

not likely - flip answer - real answer, that is where they may lose their 6th

Will the cokehead QB make his grand return?

He is #2 on the depth charts but smoke-my-crack-pipe Smokler has been announced as the the expected starter by Smith

Who knows? John L Smith knows.

and me :headbang :headbang

With all the talk of tough schedules, here's the rankings according to CFN.

Schedule Strength

I am no Notre Dame fan, trust me. But, they do consistently have one of the tougher schedules in college football.

However, you never can never truly rank how tough each team's schedule is because some teams that are supposed to be good may not meet expectations.

The Sporting News preview magazine did some extensive work on strength of schedule and they have ND 6th

The argument that ND has an easy schedule (or has had one) holds no ground

Just like Penn State did?

excellent point southsider.

PSU, thought they would clean up like they had as an independent.

1 rosebowl appearance and 10 years later, they are fighting for .500 every year.

wtf let it go. it's already quite obvious who knows about college football and who doesn't. there's no need to argue, especially in this thread. ND has wazzu, michigan, purdue, pitt, USC, BC, FSU, and Syracuse this year. Bottom line is, there's no way anyone can say that schedule is easy.

He is #2 on the depth charts but smoke-my-crack-pipe Smokler has been announced as the the expected starter by Smith

Seeing Smoker get back in pisses me off. he isnt that good anyway and bringing him back after what hes done (and the word on campus at the time was that it was more than coke) is a shame to the program.

f*** John Smith. Why cant Tom Izzo coach both?

7. When exactly are the Michigan glory days?

I have avoided the trash ND discussion here but that statement is pure ignorance. Anyone who follows football history knows the answer to that and knows the names of Yost, Chrysler, Schembechler, the point a minute team, the Wisler brothers, the first Rose Bowl - the second Rose Bowl - etc etc etc - the 3 years in the 70s we had one loss in 3 years total and no bowl because of Big 10 policies of one team in a bowl only per year - 97 - etc etc etc

8. So, Notre Dame is the winningest football program of all time...thanks for bringing up that michigan has more wins (cuz they've played more games)

Bulls***. You know damn well that Michigan and ND swap 1st place for best winning percentage on almost a game by game basis depending on who wins and loses any one week. It is the closest thing to a dead heat in college football team stats as you can have. We also run neck and neck for most wins as I recall.

I am not going to trash ND in this thread but these arguments are not worthy of you, nor is you last statement - we'll know the answer to that when the season is over. We'll discuss that mid BSC poll results and at the end of the season, when we can evaluate what is and what was.

I have avoided the trash ND discussion here but that statement is pure ignorance.  Anyone who follows football history knows the answer to that and knows the names of Yost, Chrysler, Schembechler, the point a minute team, the Wisler brothers, the first Rose Bowl - the second Rose Bowl - etc etc etc - the 3 years in the 70s we had one loss in 3 years total and no bowl because of Big 10 policies of one team in a bowl only per year - 97 -  etc etc etc

Bulls***.  You know damn well that Michigan and ND swap 1st place for best winning percentage on almost a game by game basis depending on who wins and loses any one week.  It is the closest thing to a dead heat in college football team stats as you can have.  We also run neck and neck for most wins as I recall.

I am not going to trash ND in this thread but these arguments are not worthy of you, nor is you last statement - we'll know the answer to that when the season is over.  We'll discuss that mid BSC poll results and at the end of the season, when we can evaluate what is and what was.

The glory days thing was sarcasm

and as far as winningest goes, i don't need to listen to some kid tell me michigan is heads and tails above ND, and play a much tougher schedule. it's absolutely ridiculous. I know michigan is good, and i respect them, but if people are going to knock ND immaturely, i can't support Michigan for anyting at that point, i have to defend my team. But i'm done with those tools anyway, they obviously don't know what a tough schedule is and just like saying f*** the tarnished dome. Should i say "f*** big blue?" childish