college football no trash zone

cwsox

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not gonna beat Illinois

don't mean to be a jackass, but all IU has is lovecchio. we beat the hell out of IU at last year's homecoming, and i see that happening again at IU (and i'll be there)

that being said, ya they could beat nw, uconn, indiana st, maybe kentucky. but IU is not a very good football team. lovecchio should do a good amount of damage for that offense, though

i will be there also.... maybe i'll see you :cheers

Harris academically ineligible; Jones likely replacement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Associated Press

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Purdue running back Joey Harris was ruled academically ineligible for his senior season.

Harris, the Boilermakers' leading rusher with more than 1,100 yards last season, needed to average a B in three summer school classes to remain eligible, Purdue sports information director Tom Schott said Thursday.

Sophomore Brandon Jones, who rushed for nearly 700 yards last year, will likely replace Harris.

"We just heard the news last night, so I think that not everybody is over the initial disappointment," Jones said. "Obviously, we'd love to have Joey back this year, but things didn't happen that way. We just have to get over it and move on."

Harris did not attend the team's media day event Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

From watching bits and pieces of two games tonight, two names to remember:

Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami; the man is a monster. One of the best DT's I've seen in years, just dominant.

Reynaldo Brathwaite, RB, BYU; he's not very big, but he has great vision and makes the right cuts (once in a while he makes too many), very shifty runner. He'll be a good one.

Redbirds Win!

Sorry, but I don't think they'll put up much of a fight next week.

They should do alright in the Gateway Conference though. Maybe, finishing 3rd or 4th.

Do you go to ISU too?

Yeah, I'm a freshman.

I was at the game tonight. Not bad once they got going. I think they could be pretty good in the conference. But, when it comes to division 1AA teams playing division 1A, it's usually not pretty.

Redbirds Win!

Sorry, but I don't think they'll put up much of a fight next week.

They should do alright in the Gateway Conference though. Maybe, finishing 3rd or 4th.

Do you go to ISU too?

Yeah, I'm a freshman.

I was at the game tonight. Not bad once they got going. I think they could be pretty good in the conference. But, when it comes to division 1AA teams playing division 1A, it's usually not pretty.

Awesome!!! I'm a Senior here at ISU...Live in Watterson. How about you?

You're mad that I don't think you should moderate that forum.

No. I don't care about who moderates a college sports forum. But you called them the two most intelligent college sports minds here. I'm not saying they don't know alot but there's other people here who I think know as much or more.

BTW, I'm all for a college sports forum over here...Make Koch This and Jason mods of that board or something...Those two seem to be the most intelligent college sports minds here.

BZZZT!!! Wrong, Dumbass!!! I know more than anyone about college sports!! OK, maybe not...but I am most knowlegable.

No. I don't care about who moderates a college sports forum. But you called them the two most intelligent college sports minds here. I'm not saying they don't know alot but there's other people here who I think know as much or more.

I think there's quite a few people here that know a lot about college sports...me, jason, spiff, capn to name just a few. I'm not real great with computers so i don't really need to be a mod, i don't really care. If spiff wants to run things that's fine with me too. Plus i don't think you can judge what we all know and don't know from only posting a few things, but whatever.

Last night's NIU/Maryland game was great. The interception was ridiculous to end the game, reminded me of the nebraska/mizzou game years back. NIU has a pretty good team this year and could win the MAC. Turner is a stud and the d looked pretty formidable last night.

ISU won't be Illinois, period

I'll be drivin to st. louis tomorrow to watch the illini take on mizzou. Tough game for us, need to get off to a good start. Never recovered from last year's game when brad smith put on an air and ground show for all to see. Have to contain him to have a chance. The guy is a stud.

I think there's quite a few people here that know a lot about college sports...me, jason, spiff, capn to name just a few. I'm not real great with computers so i don't really need to be a mod, i don't really care. If spiff wants to run things that's fine with me too. Plus i don't think you can judge what we all know and don't know from only posting a few things, but whatever.

Last night's NIU/Maryland game was great. The interception was ridiculous to end the game, reminded me of the nebraska/mizzou game years back. NIU has a pretty good team this year and could win the MAC. Turner is a stud and the d looked pretty formidable last night.

ISU won't be Illinois, period

I'll be drivin to st. louis tomorrow to watch the illini take on mizzou. Tough game for us, need to get off to a good start. Never recovered from last year's game when brad smith put on an air and ground show for all to see. Have to contain him to have a chance. The guy is a stud.

You're right about being able to judge, what people know. What I said was no dig on you or Jason, I just think it's dumb to single out the "two most intelligent". And anyway I think cw already declared his monopoly on moderating the forum if it ever comes to fruition.

Yeah that pick was wacky, I thought the same thing about the Nebraska-Mizzou similarity. Except with Nebraska, he kicked it on purpose so it shouldn't have been a touchdown. I wanted Missouri to win that game so bad, Corby Jones was the s***.

And yeah there's no way Ill St takes out Illinois. Just not happening. Although didn't you guys lose your fullback for a couple games? I thought he was one of your best players.