What can we do next yr

LDF

Guest hotsoxchick1

im with cubkilla on this one.. way way way deep down inside i hope they take the division .. but my logical side wont let me speak that out loud because of the previous let downs ....ill get excited when the time comes......:D

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

im with cubkilla on this one.. way way way deep down inside i hope they take the division .. but my logical side wont let me speak that out loud because of the previous let downs ....ill get excited when the time comes......:D

i think we can do good but will remain in second to the twins. i say 80 games won.

in order to overcome the twins, we need a front line pitcher.

Guest hotsoxchick1

they are going to go through a major overhaul just like cleveland lol.. so the division is ours for the taking....hey its my dream so leave me to it ok.....lmao

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey they dont have the shelf life of a regular twinkie.. that "stay fresh wrapper" they play in will spring a leak sooner or later......then we sneak in and take the division back ....lol

Guest hotsoxchick1

i sure do hope your crystal ball is right jas.. i want to see a world series here before i die....the alternative is... me ashes spread out all over the field waiting on one....lol.. i think i would enjoy it more actually watching it from a seat and not at the pearly gates....lol

Originally posted by greg775

the twins are not lousy.

Are they really gonna have an overhaul?

That would be nice.

We could use Jacque J., Guzman and others.

Yeah they are. They're winning percentage against the playoff teams is .333. The only reason they are where they are is because the White Sox were lousier for most of the season. Also, the Twinkies beat up on the teams that the White Sox should have beat up on too (KC, Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa, etc).

I think I heard that almost half of the 2002 Twins starting lineup are FA's at seasons end.

Originally posted by greg775

the twins are not lousy.

Are they really gonna have an overhaul?

That would be nice.

We could use Jacque J., Guzman and others.

A lot of it is sarcasm on our part hoping, but they do have the type of owner that would try to pull something like that.

They have some good young players ,but when I look at some of the stats they aren't all that magnificient and they have really overachieved in the pitching department, especially that ever so important bullpen area.

Lets Compare the Lineups

Twins

Jacque Jones-lf

Christian Guzman-ss

Torri Hunter-cf

David Ortiz-DH

Corey Koskie-3rd

Mientkevitz-1st

Kielty or Mohr-rf

Pyrzinksi-c

Rivas-2nd

Thats kind of what its like, but they do change it up at times.

White Sox

Jimenez-2nd

Manos-ss

Thomas-DH

Maggs-rf

Konerko-1st

Caballo-lf

Crede-3rd

Rowand-cf

Olivo-c

Imo, our lineup is a whole lot better, of course offense isn't the only part of the game. Defensively they are damn good, but I think we are pretty good defensively, especially if Harris is playing 2nd and Jimenez is at short.

The pitching is definately what it comes down to next season. Whoever is better, wins, no questions asked and I think that will be us.

Seriously if they are gonna lose some players we better be the ones to pick some up.

They got some good talent.

We could use Guzman, Jacque J, etc.

I still think the Twins will beat us out next year

unless they have the overhaul you suggest.