:(

hi8is

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)
IP?

In how many starts?

Who will replace him?

Well the IP number isn't going to be very high when you have to repeatedly get yanked in the 2nd or 3rd inning but it was for 5 games.

And I was saying that I think they have to go another route if he tanks again today.

Who do you go with? I dunno. Another #5 guy on waivers? We can't keep blowing out our pen when he starts.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 07:42 AM)
Well the IP number isn't going to be very high when you have to repeatedly get yanked in the 2nd or 3rd inning but it was for 5 games.

And I was saying that I think they have to go another route if he tanks again today.

Who do you go with? I dunno. Another #5 guy on waivers? We can't keep blowing out our pen when he starts.

I think you've got to be more patient than that with him. He's given us a lot of quality starts this year. If you yank him now, there is no turning back. Unless you're seeing an option that presents a significant opportunity for improvement, I think it would be a mistake to pull the plug at this point.

Granted, he can't be getting blown up in the second inning 2 out of every 5 starts, but he does have 3 quality starts among the 5 you're referencing. That is pretty much what you hope for out of your 5th starter...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)
I think you've got to be more patient than that with him. He's given us a lot of quality starts this year. If you yank him now, there is no turning back. Unless you're seeing an option that presents a significant opportunity for improvement, I think it would be a mistake to pull the plug at this point.

Granted, he can't be getting blown up in the second inning 2 out of every 5 starts, but he does have 3 quality starts among the 5 you're referencing. That is pretty much what you hope for out of your 5th starter...

I guarantee if he bombs today Kenny and his staff will be scrambling to figure out a way to replace him. With the way Minnesota has now put together a solid 1-5 we can't afford to to battle for these last 6 weeks with a man short.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
I guarantee if he bombs today Kenny and his staff will be scrambling to figure out a way to replace him. With the way Minnesota has now put together a solid 1-5 we can't afford to to battle for these last 6 weeks with a man short.

Well, for 1, the Tigers offense sucks, so I doubt he bombs. But should he have a bad outing, I disagree. I don't think there is reason to panic, especially considering how well Edwin has pitched for us.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 07:05 AM)
Nope, the downfall has begun.

I don't think a downfall has begun, but I don't think it's our year either. Too many losses that should have been W's already at this point in the season - not enough late inning comeback magic to counteract the bad losses. Just feels like a second place team, sadly. Hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)

We've been a man short on offense the whole year.

It might well just be too late to find anyone better on the waiver wire market.

we seem to be back to that place where we have great names on paper, but the production is not there from the needed guys at the right times. The amount of times AJ and Rios have come up in particular in the past two weeks with RISP and done nothing. The teams overall LOB has been catastrophic the past two weeks

and to go from 1.5 up to 2 down so quickly, while playing bad times, and MN now unable to do anything wrong (winning 4-2 while being outhit 14-4 against OAK!!), doesn't look good

unless they find some offensive consistency, MN will end up running away with this division, next weeks series could be a season determiner

We have to - have to - have to win this game and the upcoming series in minnisota.

Let's go mother f***ers!!!! Show some balls!!!!

The two most important people IMO are Carlos Q and JJ Putz.

If Q can get going on a hot streak and JJ could pitch another 20ip of scoreless ball - we could be in very good shape

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
We have to - have to - have to win this game and the upcoming series in minnisota.

Let's go mother f***ers!!!! Show some balls!!!!

The two most important people IMO are Carlos Q and JJ Putz.

If Q can get going on a hot streak and JJ could pitch another 20ip of scoreless ball - we could be in very good shape

That's good you cheered yourself up. I suggest getting laid.