Thanks for breaking everyone's hearts before the 9th

caulfield12

That way the last 20-30 minutes seemed kind of anti-climactic.

Ozzie, you might want to set aside that idea of writing a book about the 2010 season for the time being, because NOBODY in Chicago will care to read it with things looking as bad as they do now.

Goodbye Putz, Jenks and Andruw Jones. It was nice knowing you.

Hello, Sale.

Hopefully Konerko, if this is the end of his Sox career, can go out on a better note and the White Sox can actually take 2/3 in Minnesota...I wouldn't bet on it happening, but there's always hope.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)

Ozzie, you might want to set aside that idea of writing a book about the 2010 season for the time being, because NOBODY in Chicago will care to read it with things looking as bad as they do now.

Hello, Sale.

Hopefully Konerko, if this is the end of his Sox career, can go out on a better note and the White Sox can actually take 2/3 in Minnesota...I wouldn't bet on it happening, but there's always hope.

Sale is the flavor of the week just as Putz was while he was doing well. Innings catch up to guys like Putz and Garcia who pitched so few of them last year.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Sale is the flavor of the week just as Putz was while he was doing well. Innings catch up to guys like Putz and Garcia who pitched so few of them last year.

You say that as though we have any better options than going with the "Flavor of the week" right now. Somewhere between 4/7 and 5/7 of our bullpen is flat out unreliable on any givenn night.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 03:03 AM)
This site is beyond atrocious whenever the Sox go through a rough stretch.

The problem is this year it was kind of atrocious even when we were winning all those games. Lotsa negativity.

I figure it's the economy and extra hot summer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 03:46 AM)
I figure it's the economy...

ding ding ding

I'm so screwed with money and work.

The white sox are pretty much my only escape and only daily bright spot.

So, when they lose - it hurts to go back to reality...

No job, no money, and a ton of bills I can't pay.

It's crazy.

Maybe we can convince to sox to do a "save hi8is fundraiser."

:P

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)

Hello, Sale.

Goodbye Putz and your 2.64 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 3 blown saves over 4.5 months of baseball. How dare you have one bad weekend? Good riddance.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
This site is beyond atrocious whenever the Sox go through a rough stretch.

It's hard to determine what's worse. The hate and loathing for all things White Sox or the undying love and admiration for the entire Minnesota Twins organization.

We are a good team and by golly we are good enough to win and we should all love each other .. not that way even though there isn't anything wong with that

Come on lighten up folks-it's only August and we have shown we can rebound. It's just one of those slumps every team goes through. It's a good thing we weren't 3 games out last Friday when the Tigers came to town

Edited by elrockinMT

Caulfield, this is just a request. Could you possibly keep the "sky is falling" topics to one per series? :lolhitting

We're in 2nd place, with a series against those whom we chase, in the middle of August. Given where we were in May, I am ecstatic. The bats will get hot again, and the bullpen will stop sucking.

This division can be ours, easily!

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
I want us to go on another 10 game winning streak...but I have a sinking feeling that we are going to get swept in Minnesota, and that will about wrap it up. I want to be wrong. Lets go win 2 of 3.

Tony says it all in that post. My feelings exactly. Have a strong feeling the Twins put us away this week.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 08:01 AM)
It's hard to determine what's worse. The hate and loathing for all things White Sox or the undying love and admiration for the entire Minnesota Twins organization.

I can't stand the love for the twins. They haven't done jack s*** in almost 2 decades. I don't care about division titles, I want playoff wins and in the last decade 12>5 last I checked.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
I can't stand the love for the twins. They haven't done jack s*** in almost 2 decades. I don't care about division titles, I want playoff wins and in the last decade 12>5 last I checked.

You can't get playoff wins by sitting at home and watching.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
You can't get playoff wins by sitting at home and watching.

And you can't by being the mythical power that is the Twins either.

I could not give 2 s***s how many division titles they have. I will take 2005 and 9 Octobers off 100% of the time over 9 central titles and jack s*** else.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
At least we will know a lot more after Thursday. If they sweep us, they pretty much are the darlings of baseball this year along with the Rangers.

Darlings of baseball? No one in the media cares about the AL Central.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)

I could not give 2 s***s how many division titles they have. I will take 2005 and 9 Octobers off 100% of the time over 9 central titles and jack s*** else.

+1

I laugh heartily at their postseason futility, good fun...

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
Darlings of baseball? No one in the media cares about the AL Central.

I should say if they win all 3 they will be one of the most significant stories of 2010 baseball, then.

Cause a 6 game lead and the record they will have will be amazingly impressive.

They'll still get swept or just win one if they play the Yankees in round one, however. That has not changed.

1. Padres

2. Rangers being technically bankrupt but finally winning the AL West, making huge trades like the one for Cliff Lee and all their July 31st moves, team sold to Nolan Ryan over Cuban

3. Strasburg while he was healthy

4. Cincy Reds

5. Mike Stanton

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)

Then you believe Kenny Williams is a better GM than Ryan/Smith, yes?

And Ditka's a much better football coach than Marv Levy or Marty Schottenheimer..etc.