8/26 Gamethread - O's v. Hose

clyons

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
The writing is on the wall. Manram is coming.

It does seem like Kotsay has played very little lately, which makes me think that perhaps Ozzie's love affair with him isn't as strong anymore as some people are saying. Makes me feel a little better about the chance of Kotsay being DFA'd.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
It does seem like Kotsay has played very little lately, which makes me think that perhaps Ozzie's love affair with him isn't as strong anymore as some people are saying. Makes me feel a little better about the chance of Kotsay being DFA'd.

Kotsay has only batted in only 2 of the last 7 Sox games. Interesting.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Kotsay has only batted in only 2 of the last 7 Sox games. Interesting.

Quite a turnaround from a couple weeks ago where he played every single game in the Detroit series, including both games of a double header.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
With this pitcher's lefty/righty splits, I thought for sure Kotsay would play tonight. I'm surprised and actually slightly disappointed that he isn't. Is it wrong?

Teahen hits RHP better than Kotsay based on their splits. There's no one in this lineup that Kotsay outhits against RHP except AJ.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
Pierre LF

Vizquel 3B

Rios CF

Konerko 1B

Quentin RF

Pierzynski C

Ramirez SS

Teahen DH

Beckham 2B

Jackson p

WHERE THE f*** IS MY MAIN MAN KOTSAY?!?!?! COME ON OZZIE ACT LIKE YOU WANNA WIN!!!!

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
And Matusz is developing, and had been doing very well lately. He's a talented pitcher.

So is Arrieta. No doubt the both of them will anchor that staff for a long time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
Forget that kids era, and look at his stuff. He is learning on the job, and he won't be anything like a 6 era pitcher. He is a great young arm.

Ah well... Mike said it himself. :P

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
When we play the Baltimore Orioles, they look like the better team. Considering their record, that is bulls*** and unacceptable for a supposed contender.

Imagine how Texas feels, getting swept in a 4-game series at home to a team like Baltimore and losing the season series 4-6. Bulls***.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
So...because of batting avg and total RBI, Hawk thinks Markakis is having a worse year this year than last?

Completely wrong Hawk.

Yeah that is some Joe Morgan level analysis.