Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
This kid has got nothing but bad advice since before he was in high school.

Such a waste. Oh well now I officially have no expectations for next year. There still is a lot of talent on the perimeter but without Richmond the interior could be an absolute mess. Have to hope that Griffey and Leonard find their games and that at least a couple of Shaw, Henry and Egwu are ready to play big minutes as freshmen.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to know who advices that moron in life. How does he stay committed to Illinois for 4 years and then leave after such a crappy season? He's not even projected to get drafted in the first round. He's a 2nd round fringe kind of player right now.

I also want to know details about the suspension, and that crap back during the Wisconsin trip. What a waste.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
I really want to know who advices that moron in life. How does he stay committed to Illinois for 4 years and then leave after such a crappy season? He's not even projected to get drafted in the first round. He's a 2nd round fringe kind of player right now.

I also want to know details about the suspension, and that crap back during the Wisconsin trip. What a waste.

Frankly as much as I made fun of him for going pro, I'm not sure he had any other real option.

HAHA, Jereme Richmond what a turd. There is no way he is a lottery pick. I actually think though by him getting drafted late in the first round by a strong team, he will benefit. But I will curious to see how long he lasts in the NBA with his attitude and mediocre game.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
Frankly as much as I made fun of him for going pro, I'm not sure he had any other real option.

I think Illinois and the coaches have done everything to accept him. They've basically covered for him being a distraction all season. The rumor mill is saying that he basically stopped going to class and that Weber had to beg the admn to let him travel with the team to the tourney. That makes sense. Sounds like he's in Chicago now and has been for a while.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
So what does that do to Illinois' starting lineup next year? Richardson and Paul are the go to guys with some combination of unproven guys in the frontcourt. How many freshmen start?

Probably none except maybe Shaw. It will be Maniscalo, Paul, Richardson, Leonard, and probably Griffey.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
HAHA, Jereme Richmond what a turd. There is no way he is a lottery pick. I actually think though by him getting drafted late in the first round by a strong team, he will benefit. But I will curious to see how long he lasts in the NBA with his attitude and mediocre game.

I would be absolutely shocked if he is a first round pick. It is more likely he isn't drafted at all than he goes in the first round.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
Probably none except maybe Shaw. It will be Maniscalo, Paul, Richardson, Leonard, and probably Griffey.

Griffey and Leonard need to take a big leap next year or it's gonna be rough relying on all the freshman frontcourt players. Griffey becoming Cole version 2.0 would be great.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
So what does that do to Illinois' starting lineup next year? Richardson and Paul are the go to guys with some combination of unproven guys in the frontcourt. How many freshmen start?

Maniscalco, Richardson, Paul, Shaw/Griffey/Egwu/Henry, Leonard. Lot of talent on the roster still but who the hell knows how it will come together. Maniscalco and Abrams will split time at PG, Paul and Richardson should be the go to guys with Head, Henry and maybe Bertrand backing them up at the wings. The PF and C positions are huge question marks. Leonard and Egwu both have huge upsides but who knows how good they will be next year. I think Shaw should be at least solid, he will be able to defend and rebound from the get go. Henry will see some time at the 4 if they want to go small. Griffey showed flashes as a freshman but he was unbelievably bad this year.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Maniscalo is a senior transfer.

Oh yeah forgot about him. That's a big help. The bottom half of the Big Ten should be pretty bad so it won't be a 7 bid league next year, but the lack of depth will probably hurt their resume.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Oh yeah forgot about him. That's a big help. The bottom half of the Big Ten should be pretty bad so it won't be a 7 bid league next year, but the lack of depth will probably hurt their resume.

They will be Northwestern competitive this year. No real chance at the NCAA Tourney, but can give a top team a run for their money on the right day. Illinois is relying on Myers Leonard who looked lost almost all year to play 25 minutes. Not a good recipe.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Not sure about what his status would be next year, but grades were why he didn't play in the ncaa tournament. I hope no one actually bought the locker room fight but it wasn't the coaches call line. One of the worst coverups ever.

If he's going to fail out why not just let him play? At that point what do you lose? He's gone next year anyway. I'm also not sure why he continued to participate in team gatherings last week and why Weber came out and said he expected him back.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
If he's going to fail out why not just let him play? At that point what do you lose? He's gone next year anyway. I'm also not sure why he continued to participate in team gatherings last week and why Weber came out and said he expected him back.

weber wanted him to play. That's why he would never give his official status. It was people above him at play here.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)

Well that's what schools like Memphis have done all the time, but ethically, it's a horrible precedent to set.

Bobby Knight said once that a student doesn't have to go to class the entire second semester to be eligible for the college basketball season. So while Jereme was eligible, he certainly should have received some punishment for not taking his academics seriously.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Such a waste. Oh well now I officially have no expectations for next year. There still is a lot of talent on the perimeter but without Richmond the interior could be an absolute mess. Have to hope that Griffey and Leonard find their games and that at least a couple of Shaw, Henry and Egwu are ready to play big minutes as freshmen.

Well who knows what will happen. The Frazier/Meacham backcourt team was good out of nowhere so crazy stuff can happen. In fact if you want a slim thread of hope, it's possible Griffey with his ability to hit a jump shot is a better fit for Weber's offense anyway. And hopefully there will be fewer teammate face punchings.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
He'll be a first round pick.

You think so? Unless there are different rules in the NBA, I don't see a team willing to give him and his attitude a guaranteed contract. He's obviously talented and athletic, but he's no all-world talent that you can't risk passing up.