Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Well who knows what will happen. The Frazier/Meacham backcourt team was good out of nowhere so crazy stuff can happen. In fact if you want a slim thread of hope, it's possible Griffey with his ability to hit a jump shot is a better fit for Weber's offense anyway. And hopefully there will be fewer teammate face punchings.

That team also featured a front court that was also very unproven and had less upside than next year's front court.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the Bulls take a flyer on him at end of first round, he wont contribute next season but you don't get that kind of talent late in the draft that often. Unless some SG prospect that makes for a solid bench guy falls to them I see no reason not to draft Richmond and just send him to the D-League for a season.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
I wonder if the Bulls take a flyer on him at end of first round, he wont contribute next season but you don't get that kind of talent late in the draft that often. Unless some SG prospect that makes for a solid bench guy falls to them I see no reason not to draft Richmond and just send him to the D-League for a season.

What exactly is his talent? Not going to play SG or SF in the NBA with no jump shot and a terrible attitude.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
What exactly is his talent? Not going to play SG or SF in the NBA with no jump shot and a terrible attitude.

I'm with you. Even as an Illini-homer I never got the all-NBA talent that was bestowed upon him. Really, really high basketball IQ, great passer, decent rebounder and decent dribble. Terrible shooter, worse attitude.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)

Yeah, I think he proved that he isn't an NBA talent, at least not any time soon. He isn't even one of the top freshman in the Big Ten, let alone a top player in his conference or in the country. He has d-league or Europe written all over him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
Just saw Cully Payne is leaving Iowa, how much worse can they get?

Kid is just hurt too often. All the way back to high school. Too bad. It was fun watchinging him play. Balls to the wall for 32 minutes.

So basically there was no way Illinois was going to allow him to play there next year, whether it was academic, behavioral, or both. So they let him make it look like he was "choosing" to go to the NBA draft (which he probably figured out during the season, or even before the season with the stupid advice he's getting). Then on top of it, he comes out with this s*** on his twitter? What a f***ing tool. They actually let him look good on the way out, and he responds like an idiot. And now his twitter is private or whatever because he must have realized what he put up there was foolish.

Sorry, I'm not going to wish him good luck on the way out. The guy was a disgrace to the program. It will be nice not having this circus around next year, even if the team is in fact worse on the court. So Jereme, I hope you "happen to fail" you ass clown.

I hope Jereme enjoys playing in either Bakersfield or Turkey. I'd rather be a "failure" and a simpleton than a complete asshole. I'm not sure why any NBA team would take him, he doesn't have NBA anything other than height. I think Illinois basketball, long term, will benefit greatly from having some of the people out of the program that left after the past season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they overachieve next year based on that relief alone.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Just saw Cully Payne is leaving Iowa, how much worse can they get?

They actually should get better. They return the 2nd leading freshman scorer and have an improving team. I've been bashing my Hawkeyes for a few years but I think they actually surprise a bit next year. Still a ways to go, but Payne is a loss. I was hoping having him, Cartwright, and Marble in the backcourt would have been pretty solid combined with Gattens, Basabe (whom I like a lot).

I'm buying into Coach Fran!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
They actually should get better. They return the 2nd leading freshman scorer and have an improving team. I've been bashing my Hawkeyes for a few years but I think they actually surprise a bit next year. Still a ways to go, but Payne is a loss. I was hoping having him, Cartwright, and Marble in the backcourt would have been pretty solid combined with Gattens, Basabe (whom I like a lot).

I'm buying into Coach Fran!!!

Just keep them away from Coach Ferentz's offseason training regimen