8/27 Gamethread - Good Guys v. Evil Empire

clyons

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
i dont care what anyone says linebrink has looked decent lately....if there wasnt a blown call right there he wouldnt have given up the 2 run shot...not his fault

What's funny about Linebrink is that his strikeout and walk numbers are actually quite good.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)
i dont care what anyone says linebrink has looked decent lately....if there wasnt a blown call right there he wouldnt have given up the 2 run shot...not his fault

He's terrible. Giving up bombs to Gregor Blanco, walk-off singles to Kendall, etc. He's completely unreliable.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)

That change-up to Swisher just hung over the middle of the plate and then faded right into an area where Swisher could punch it out and use the wind to his benefit.

Thankfully, the wind really killed that ball Cano hit into RCF or it would have been tied 4-4 and perhaps a different result.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
He's terrible. Giving up bombs to Gregor Blanco, walk-off singles to Kendall, etc. He's completely unreliable.

i havent watched much the last week but everytime i've tuned in lately he's pitched pretty decent i thought (maybe im just used to him sucking and when he's mediocre i think its good idk) parenthood is affecting me haha

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 03:03 AM)

I tend to agree with fathom on this. A good pitcher-getting squeezed or not-comes back and puts them away. It seems we have relievers trying to mess up well pitched games by the starters b giving up that long ball in the 9th

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)

Linebrink was the goat just what, one game ago or two?

He walks a guy with two outs and promptly gives up the run that beats us in extra innings. That walk was a KILLER.

Linebrink is not an option to pitch in any close game.