8/27 Gamethread - Good Guys v. Evil Empire

clyons

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
Even if the Sox were to claim him its highly doubtful they'd have him available before Monday.

Has there ever been a scenario where a guy just got up and left town and went to the team he wanted to play for and just started playing for free?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
Has there ever been a scenario where a guy just got up and left town and went to the team he wanted to play for and just started playing for free?

I doubt it, and I wouldn't expect Manny to be the first to ever do that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
No kidding. I think the team would get a jolt of adrenaline right away if he were to come here.

Plus, Manny would definitely get up to play the Yankees.

This is the big game of the weekend. I think the Sox should win on Sunday, but beating CC will be tough even with Danks on the mound. Winning Friday would give em a good chance to win the series. Freddy has been bad, but Burnett hasn't exactly been shutting teams down either. The bats need to step it up tonight. Someone send out the Manny signal into the sky!!!!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 10:59 AM)
This is the big game of the weekend. I think the Sox should win on Sunday, but beating CC will be tough even with Danks on the mound. Winning Friday would give em a good chance to win the series. Freddy has been bad, but Burnett hasn't exactly been shutting teams down either. The bats need to step it up tonight. Someone send out the Manny signal into the sky!!!!

Burnett is every bit as bad as Freddy this year.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
No kidding. I think the team would get a jolt of adrenaline right away if he were to come here.

I still feel like the team will get a boost if at 12:30 we hear we are in position to be awarded the claim, they'll be playing with renewed energy knowing that Manny might/will makes the future brighter.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
Burnett is every bit as bad as Freddy this year.

I was looking the stats and realized that Burnett is not much better than Freddy. Burnett has less wins and more losses, but his ERA is slightly better. If the Sox offense shows up tonight and Freddy pitches decent, there's a chance.

1. Perfect game thread title.

2. Yes, Manny can hit the ball and would be likely to help the Sox. He's a cheater. I don't want cheaters on the team. Even if one were to argue that he's paid his penalty for the cheating and deserves a second chance, he's still a quitter. Quitting on your team is as close to unforgivable as anything.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
It's nice of the Yankees and their bats to visit while Putz/Thornton are on the DL and the Mariners are entertaining the Twins.

Twins have some tough pitching matchups to face in Seattle, and they looked pretty bad in Texas. I wouldn't pencil in a sweep by the Twinkies just yet.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
Twins have some tough pitching matchups to face in Seattle, and they looked pretty bad in Texas. I wouldn't pencil in a sweep by the Twinkies just yet.

A lot of people look pretty bad in Texas this year.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
I still feel like the team will get a boost if at 12:30 we hear we are in position to be awarded the claim, they'll be playing with renewed energy knowing that Manny might/will makes the future brighter.

No, they will all be in shambles because Kotsay, King of the Klubhouse, will be in danger! Must defend the queen bee!

/green

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
1. Perfect game thread title.

2. Yes, Manny can hit the ball and would be likely to help the Sox. He's a cheater. I don't want cheaters on the team. Even if one were to argue that he's paid his penalty for the cheating and deserves a second chance, he's still a quitter. Quitting on your team is as close to unforgivable as anything.

You are a good fan. Many look the other way when it's their player who did the cheating. We don't need to get this guy and give him standing ovations.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
You are a good fan. Many look the other way when it's their player who did the cheating. We don't need to get this guy and give him standing ovations.

Sure that clean Kotsay is all we need to win the division. I wish PED's were not a part of baseball but they are and if the Sox get a guy that has a histroy so be it some other team will. I would not feel better if the Rangers got him and they beat the Sox in playoffs becasue of it or the Twins got him and won the division.